18 45.00%
  • rumble red frenzy blue

18 45.00%
  • i see a rainbow

4 10.00%
  • nay my own custom paint job

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: red pill blue pill (frenzy/rumble)

Where's that Lil Formers cartoon that answers it?

I think Autocon didn't know the religious debate he was starting when he asked the question

You mean this one Paulbot?
    erm too lazy to snap to photobucket so just put link
    http://www.lilformers.com/index.php/...-rumblefrenzy/

Anyways if you look at ALL the english worded catalogue, as early as the 1984 one ( which I have) Rumble IS red, Frenzy IS the Blue one. Cartoon G1 got it wrong coz the animators got lazy.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

i voted Rumble is blue

would have voted purple if it were an option

The cartoon gave them proper life, i doubt i would have liked the Marvel comic if i saw it before the cartoon, the cartoon has voices

This one is a pandora's box. There will never be consensus.

Personally, I see Rumble as blue in the cartoon and red in the toy and Frenzy the opposite. But yeah, it's not a debate I get into - each to their own

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Interestingly enough, late last year I started an on and off project, by which I mean when I'm not feeling lazy I work on it, to colour correct Rumble's first appearance in the show to make him black and red. I'll post a few frames involved . I couldn't tell you when it'll be finished because since I'm entering Year 12, a lot of my spare time will be taken up, hence why I never made a thread in the artistic forum. At any rate, Frenzy is blue, Rumble is red.

Click to enlarge

Obviously it still has a lot of work to be done including the details of his face, the Decepticon symbol and the cassette decals, as well as some minor touch ups here and there which are evident in these pictures, but I just thought I'd share.

Rumble is obviously red (and black.)

Rumble's G1 toy is red and the toys came first. Also before the cartoon, in the Marvel comics Rumble is red. In the Dreamwave and IDW comics Rumble is red. In the picture books Rumble is red. In the Japanese cartoon Rumble is red. In Alternators and Music Label Transformers Rumble is red. In Robot Heroes Rumble is red. In the US G1 cartoon Rumble is generally blue.

Rumble and Frenzy are miscoloured/misnamed in the US G1 cartoon. This was clearly an error. I have never understood how anyone could seriously believe that Rumble is meant to be blue and that he is not red. Seriously, if the cartoon had called the purple and black seeker Starscream while in every other medium and toy he's the greyish and red one, would people seriously believe Starscream is meant to be purple and black and that he is not greyish and red? Believing Rumble is blue and not red is like believing Soundwave is purple and not blue and grey just because Nel Yomtov miscoloured him purple in one medium.

Rumble wasn't even consistently blue in the cartoon. And if he is blue then who are these guys from Transformers the Movie?

And then we get things like this:

If I was to go by the colours of the cartoon as the defining colours of Transformers despite copious evidence to the contrary then things like this would make my head hurt:

Last edited by Sky Shadow; 29th January 2009 at 06:02 PM.

In G2 Frenzy was pinky sorta red

Ask M&M he takes lots of coloured pills
    Last edited by roller; 29th January 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Erm... depends. G2 Frenzy was blue in his G1 form (basically identical to his G1 self but with a G2 Decepticon insignia) but was fuscia (pink x purple) as a G2 Gobot. Frenzy's final moment was freakin' awesome in G2.

And the box is open...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    And the box is open...
    yeahhh.....

dirge obviously took both pills