18 45.00%
  • rumble red frenzy blue

18 45.00%
  • i see a rainbow

4 10.00%
  • nay my own custom paint job

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: red pill blue pill (frenzy/rumble)

Default red pill blue pill (frenzy/rumble)

ive heard some discussion on the threads about the colours of the tapes

ive only watched the G1 cartoon so i just assumed frenzy was red and rumble was blue

discuss

hehe....i've still no idea really straight from my mind but frenzy seems to be blue, rumble is red.

The cartoon said that rumble was blue, but the toys bio's said it wa the other way around. Or it may have been the comics. I'm just to lazy to find the correct answer..

The toyline said that Rumble was the Red and black toy

and that Frenzy was the Blue one

I think the Marvel comics followed the toyline
    the Dreamwave comics did im sure

The cartoon switched the toys colour schemes, so Rumble is Purple/Blue in the cartoon.

opposites yo

apparently internet nerds and old people get really angry when this type of thing is discussed, tsk tsk

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Like I've always said... Frenzy is not Red...

...he's Black (with red & blue Highlights!)

Frenzy is green, Rumble is pink.

FIBRIR. Black and red just suits a name like 'Rumble', to me.

Also, in before someone quotes the TF wiki.
    It was Hasbro's intent that Rumble be black and red, and Frenzy be two shades of blue. These color schemes are used in the toyline, Marvel Comics and many storybooks and ancillary media from the early years of Generation 1, and naturally, it was intended for the cartoon series to render the characters in this manner as well (as proven by the show's production bible, which identifies Rumble as the "red robot"). However, as a result of some unspecified error somewhere in production, the two robots had their color schemes swapped, leaving the animated incarnation of Rumble blue, and Frenzy red.
    Also also, if we're talking about Movie Frenzy, he was both blue (original toy with Barricade, eyes were blue) AND red and black (AllSpark Power redeco)!
    Last edited by griffin; 29th January 2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: removed name of someone who might object to being named.

FIRRIB only existed in the G1 cartoon, and (afaik) only in the original English language version. In the Japanese dub it was "corrected" so that the blue robot was called Frenzy and the red robot called Rumble. In the original G1 toys, comics, books, Alternators... basically every other Transformers media - it was RIRFIB. FIRRIB is only correct when referring to the G1 cartoon in its original English language format. Anywhere else, it's RIRFIB.

Basically FIRRIB is a mistake made by the G1 cartoon. So I voted for RIRFIB (2nd poll option).

If it all comes down to the toys then there is no doubt which toy is which. The cartoon is also clear it's the reverse.

And actually the TFwiki does have a very useful colour chart showing how predominant the toy colours are and how only things that are trying to be true to the cartoon reverse it: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/FIRRIB

Blue. The cartoon is far too important to me to say otherwise.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If it all comes down to the toys then there is no doubt which toy is which. The cartoon is also clear it's the reverse.

And actually the TFwiki does have a very useful colour chart showing how predominant the toy colours are and how only things that are trying to be true to the cartoon reverse it: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/FIRRIB
    woot! based on stats... option 2 is correct! well... only Frenzy and Rumble will know. they are twins!