Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

I had someone get an extra Moss Man for me because I couldn't be on this morning

And I finally got my Battle Cats and Battle Stands today, and before Robzy. It seems like your postie is crap buddy

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    And I finally got my Battle Cats and Battle Stands today, and before Robzy. It seems like your postie is crap buddy
    Actually... my BC, stands and MAA arrived early this morning too! I've been "playing" with BC for the last 2 hours - he's amazing!!!

Maybe we got the same postie now!

It's strange what is happening with this line.

I look at my shelf and see reissue He-Man and Battlecat and it looks so perfect. I look around and see the original 3 heroes (MAA, Teela and Stratos) and a good selection of bad guys... it's pretty much fiinshed.

Yeah Trap Jaw would have been nice to get, and I doubt Evil Lyn will be obtainable as a first issue... but there seems to be a hype that is beyond reason now.

I would happily miss Mossman, Optikk, She-Ra, Marzo, Keldor etc etc and just cannot understand why people are getting so worked up about these toys.

Because this is the end of the line for MOTU. Once MOTUC is said and done it will be the end of the franchise, barring an animated series or movie to breath new life into it. But even then, I think this is the best it will ever be ever again for MOTU/PoP

Is it worth getting all riled up like some people do? No, because they are just toys, but people will always have the bad taste in their mouth from the 200x distribution debacle and Mattel can drop the ball at any time, moreso than they already have

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Because this is the end of the line for MOTU. Once MOTUC is said and done it will be the end of the franchise, barring an animated series or movie to breath new life into it. But even then, I think this is the best it will ever be ever again for MOTU/PoP

I understand your point to some extent.

But there is a movie in the works, as far as I know. Mattel has always claimed that once they have a movie ready, then they will bring a new line of MOTU back to retail in a more standard release. The comic 2 packs are just a taste of what is to come with this franchise.

I know that I'm in a fairly specific "nostalgia" element of the market for these toys. And I guess that explains my lack of enthusiasm for third tier MOTU and toys from other off shoots. It just amazed me that people were buying Mossman from ebay for $60-100 on ebay 6 hours after he had gone onsale.

I dunno, it took me a while to take to these toys in the first place, seemed like an aweful lot of hoops to jump through to get a toyline. I guess it would have been nice to have Mossman if it was a hassle free, normal purchase... But I keep looking at re-issue He-Man and BC and know that nothing can top that. So unless there is a more normal way to order things, I'm stepping back for a while.

Sourced my first Masters of the Universe gear! Lol. I was at the Cristies Beach Markets on Sunday and i manage to find an original Battle Cat, Teela, Man-e-faces and Trap Jaw. All in various condition and a couple of accessories. Gotta start somewhere eh? Lol. Ill post pics when i get a chance.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

"Hmm... this looked easier in the instructions."

"Here, let me give you... a hand!"

PICS AS PROMISED! LOL

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    PICS AS PROMISED! LOL
    That's... weird. Your Trap Jaw has Webstor arms. So he's like an original series Kronis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's... weird. Your Trap Jaw has Webstor arms. So he's like an original series Kronis.
    Im only new to collecting these- these were just the arms that were on him- there was another at the market that had the detachble arm thingy but when i went back to get him he was gone. I paid a dollar each for them, lol- so i wint complain! he he.

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness