Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6474798081828384858687888994104 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Urgh... Should've guessed really huh? - Are Mattel really this blind?
    They are blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A new set of faces:

I would have preferred something else like a new weapon as I would never be displaying the figure like this.
    Wow. WTF? No wonder they took it out of the pack the sent pixel dan for his review.... Kind of amusing, but totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Wow. WTF? No wonder they took it out of the pack the sent pixel dan for his review.... Kind of amusing, but totally useless.
    Yeah, Toyguru was making a big deal out of it as if it was the best thing ever. As release time came I was actually thinking that it would be something like this, specially after I saw the video in which Pixel Dan removes the 'regular faces' head.

I thought it was lame and not worth the hype. Perhaps this is where Battleground's Evil-Lyn's dress budget went

I totally disagree with these sentiments about the extra head - it's far more interesting than the same three faces I've had for nearly thirty years. It's something new, and since the Man E Weapons acessories have already been released, it's appropriate. I do think the Orko face should have been Beast Man since it was more important plot-wise and it would have been a better homage to the first three non-convention MOTUClassics toys. But I love the Skeletor and He-Man heads. It's also fantastic that Man-E can finally turn his helmet left and right and hold his gun in both hands at once.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A new set of faces:

I would have preferred something else like a new weapon as I would never be displaying the figure like this.
    NNNOOOOoooo..... i haven't got mine yet....

but i did know.... was actually the thing that made me buy this little guy.... and the 5 other lots i have coming to give me an instant collection

I managed to avoid the spoilers until mine arrived!
    I like the idea of secret accessories regardless of what they are really. In this day and age, everything is known, reviewed and forgotten before i even get my hands on something (thanks to the internet).
    I'd like every figure to have something secret, even if it's just an accessory most would expect (since i'm personally not 100% familiar with all of them anyway). At least then i feel like im getting something new instead of something i digested on the net months ago!

In this case, i would have liked to see Beast Man for the same reason Sky Shadow said, but Orko's colour scheme actually works nicely!
    I doubt i'll display mine with the alternate heads either, but it's a nice inclusion that i think is indicative of the levels of fan-service this line gets, despite all the complaints.

Finally got my first MOTUC.... Skeletor and Skeletor Vs Mo-Larr....

O

M

G

!!!!!!

So glad I have a few more incomming!!

He-man, Faker and Keldor!!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Queen Marlena arrived last week, and Man-e arrived today (Saturday?!). Both are much better than I anticipated, although I was looking forward to MEF quite a bit. I love both figures!! When I have time in the next few days, I'll post some pics.

bowspearer Guest

Meant to sort out pics for these a while back:

Battle Armor Skeletor

Buzz-Off

Modulok

Roboto

Stinkor

Sy-Klone

Packaging has seen better days, but considering how rare it is to actually see this stuff in a store (Revolution CD Tuggeranong of all places), it was an awesome score nonetheless for the randomness of it if nothing else.