Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Movie

Yeah, we had a guy in a Starfleet uniform at Fox Studios when I saw Episode III. Everyone rushed him and beat him with plastic lightsabres. Hrmmm... tempting to do a Star Wars cosplay if I get the time/motivation. When does this movie come out?

Here was my costume:

...not my costume, but an impressive costume of General Grievous - the cosplayer was on stilts attached in a way that re-created Grievous' backward knees!

And just for fun: Top 10 Reasons Why Star Wars Is Better Than Star Trek - There ain't no stun on a lightsabre.

And to be fair: Top 5 Reasons Why Star Trek Is Better Than Star Wars - I like #2. Even as an avid Star Wars fan I can't argue against that.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 1st February 2009 at 08:55 PM.

i hope Captain Pike shows up

i would like an updated action figure o him

i agree with Kup, it sounds like a sterotypical M. Bay movie, all action and no plot. Or a typical Bay movie if you sway that way

they have to have Capt. Pike you just cant not have him in a prequel movie about the Original Enterprise

He is being played by Bruce Greenwood and is in the movie, and in the trailer

North Melbourne-bot...?

Captain Pike always reminded me of Davros... only way better looking of course.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: "Do you understand the charges?"
    Kif Kroker: "One beep for yes, two beeps for no."
    Fry: <beep>
    Captain Zapp Brannigan: "Yes, so noted. Do you plead guilty?"
    Fry: <beep><beep>
    Captain Zapp Brannigan: "Double yes. Guilty."
    (Futurama)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, we had a guy in a Starfleet uniform at Fox Studios when I saw Episode III. Everyone rushed him and beat him with plastic lightsabres. Hrmmm... tempting to do a Star Wars cosplay if I get the time/motivation. When does this movie come out?
    I'd rather do a Babylon 5 costume and say nerts to them both.

"Looks like your about to go, where everyone has gone before"

Aww, where's the Star Trek love? I guess the Star Wars fans are more vocal (when they aren't imagining making out with their sisters ) so c'mon, Trekkers represent!

I've heard good things about the film for non-Trek fans, but there's also a rumour(?) that spoiler villains from the normal/current Star Trek universe travel back in time and create a new timeline where Kirk and his crew get together earlier thus setting the majority of this movie and any sequels in a new alternate universe. end spoiler. It makes sense in the context of the Star Trek universe and doesn't retcon a lot of stuff out of being, but I'm still a bit unsure what I think about that.

But if you're keeping track, this is yet another hollywood film coming out this year with a former Home and Away cast member. (But if you've got to have a Home and Away member I'd take Kim over Tash anyday )

i was hoping for a voyager style movie, something in the time the last few episodes skipped, but i guess thats too far gone now, but then agian, they got the majority of the enterprise crew together again for the last one :P

My favourite series of Star Trek is the original series so im very happy to see this movie come out and yes Star Trek is better than Star Wars not that i dont like SW, ST is just better

i would like a series that is not le crap like the finale of Voyager, and the touchy feely out of continuity half the time 'Enterprise'

I think they should get new writers then Brannon and Braga or watever there called

and make it appeal to a massive audience, First Contact style

and enough of the same old tired story lines!!!!

Its always the same with Star trek

"we gotta have a black, an asian, a white man and a alien on the bridge"

look at every series, im not wrong

Pike 4 ever!!!!