Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Guns

Got me the nerf 3 in 1 unity power system from TRU.
    damn, the titan as-v1 blaster with the large foam rocket is hell fun to play with. shoots pretty far and the fins keep it stabilised enough to fly pretty straight too.

the scout ix-3 hand gun that also comes with the set isnt too shabby either.

however, the hornet as-6 is pretty crap.
    straight out of the box, pumped it up about 10 times and then it started making farting noises before i could reach the recommended 20 pumps... tried firing it and it was terrible.
    the noise during pumping and the poor performance seems to point towards a ruptured tank.

i just combed the net and found its quite common to get a defective hornet.
    so i'm not sure if i want to return it and try my luck with getting a non defective one, or just try to fix the damage myself. grrr....

at least the titan has redeeming qualities, otherwise i would try to get a full refund and just be done with the set.

Was reading on oznerf, Rapid Fire AS-20's are out at Target for $49!

Longshots and Longstrikes also sighted...

Meh i'll still wait for toy sales.

Also if anyone else who visits oznerf notice the admins seem like a bunch of immature underage idiots on a power-trip ? It's like the South Park episode with no parents.

ugh........ want longshot nao

might go buy one anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Was reading on oznerf, Rapid Fire AS-20's are out at Target for $49!

Longshots and Longstrikes also sighted...

Meh i'll still wait for toy sales.
    how much is the regular price for the sited longshots?
    only 2 more weeks now until the sale!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Also if anyone else who visits oznerf notice the admins seem like a bunch of immature underage idiots on a power-trip ? It's like the South Park episode with no parents.
    erm, not sure if we are allowed to discuss this (as per OTCA forum rules),
    but yeah, i've also noticed that the vibe from oznerf and NH is not very friendly/welcoming. a lot of hostility in the comments. especially from young members.

I really respect the fact that there are young kids/teenagers out there who are taking the initiative to improve their nerfs through research or trial and error. especially when some dont even have access to proper tools! i was never like that when i was young, so they have my respect in that regards.
    however, its just a shame that the comments are un-called for sometimes and attitudes are so hostile.

its a really a good source for information (news, mods etc). but you just need to look past the negative comments and language.

Out of the pages that i've seen on SGnerf/modworks, ive found that they were much more friendly and the comments were more constructive. even when the questions were very basic. nice.

I was in TRU and noticed the Vulcan (I think that is what it was called), that is one hell of a gun. I know very little about NERF guns and I have always seen this thread but never read it. I might have to take a read of this thread and maybe go back to TRU and get the Vulcan

Just some quick questions, is it easy to take these things apart? The AR you mention is Air Resistor right? You remove that to make the guns more powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I was in TRU and noticed the Vulcan (I think that is what it was called), that is one hell of a gun. I know very little about NERF guns and I have always seen this thread but never read it. I might have to take a read of this thread and maybe go back to TRU and get the Vulcan

Just some quick questions, is it easy to take these things apart? The AR you mention is Air Resistor right? You remove that to make the guns more powerful?
    -vulcan use to cost 70AUD on sale.

-havent taken apart my vulcan yet, but most nerf guns are easy to take apart by removing the screws.. only some guns require you to crack the plastic open and then have to reseal them afterwards.

AR = air restrictor, and yeah ppl remove them (along with some other mods) to make them more powerful.

Ok I just read this thread. It is almost like I can feel the excitement in your posts so I am definitely going to grab a couple of these guns and go shoot my son with them

I saw a link here for fishpond that seem to have the guns on the cheap so I will grap some

EDIT: Ok, I have now bought a Vulcan, Recon and Longstrike w/nite finder from fishpond for $160 inc postage
    Last edited by TheFallen; 6th June 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    thanks for the heads up on the raider....
    i probably wont rush out to find one now and only pick one up if its cheap locally.

hey i know this is a hasbro nerf thread, but does anyone own the buzzbee brand of dart blasters?
    i saw a whole bunch of them in target today and wasnt sure if they were worth getting or if the darts are interchangeable with nerf ones.

the double barrel shotgun looks pretty interesting too.
    Is this the double barrel shotgun you mentioned?

I was given this gun for my son including the very average paint job (but better than I could do )

I actually had a lot of fun with this gun. I like the ejectable cartridge shells, it made me feel like Mad Max

I saw a link here for fishpond that seem to have the guns on the cheap so I will grap some
    fishpond has some nice deals but too bad the charged me a hidden surcharge for using amex and they are based in new zealand so i got hit a conversion fee on top .
    EDIT: Ok, I have now bought a Vulcan, Recon and Longstrike w/nite finder from fishpond for $160 inc postage
    hahaha...nice....looks like another one caught the nerf bug big time!!
    did you buy the extra clip and ammo combo??

Is this the double barrel shotgun you mentioned?
    yep, thats the one.
    i just came back from a mini nerf battle at my friends place.
    got to try out his buzzbee shotgun which is pretty cool so i'll defn pick one up next time. not really good for battles (unless you saw off the barrel to make it compact) but the mechanism is pretty interesting and its dirt cheap compared to all of the stuff we normally buy on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post

hahaha...nice....looks like another one caught the nerf bug big time!!
    did you buy the extra clip and ammo combo??
    Nah, I just got the guns