Thread: Gi Joe Movie

Default Gi Joe Movie

The new (only) tralier is out, looks pretty good the cg could do with a little touch up but otherwise cant wait for this one. Now just have to wait to tomorrow for T/Formers trailer to come online.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/gijoenews.php?id=8032

cool

aww looks like they pulled an x-men with no goofy costumes
    save for the ninjas anyway

D'you think Christopher Eccleston is regretting leaving Doctor Who after one series now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    aww looks like they pulled an x-men with no goofy costumes
    save for the ninjas anyway
    No, that would be Godzilla Final Wars, where the film is basically a complete rip-off (I refuse to call it a homage) of X-Men, and the Matrix, with about fifteen minutes of giant monsters in it so that they can slap the Godzilla label on it and market it to the fanboys.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 1st February 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    D'you think Christopher Eccleston is regretting leaving Doctor Who after one series now?
    No, that would be Godzilla Final Wars, where the film is basically a complete rip-off (I refuse to call it a homage) of X-Men, and the Matrix, with about fifteen minutes of giant monsters in it so that they can slap the Godzilla label on it and market it to the fanboys.
    I disagree, Final Wars was worth if for the fight where Godzilla blows the Amercian Godzilla into the Sydney Opera House, and the Super Gigan with twin Chainsaw hands, on a scale of ridculous over the top awesome b grade movie weapons, not much beats twin linked dual chainsaw hands, rest of the movie was lame though.

As for the JOE movie, well I'm not even sure what to excpect or what I want from that. The action looks ok, good to see a lot of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, but the falling Eiffel tower bit is very cartoony, as is the idea of dodging rockets.

I supose black uniforms, are all the rage seeing as how they seem to be making it more Mission impossible like, you'd think they could have just given them bassic military outfits seeing as how the original joes all sported pretty much the same green outfit.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 1st February 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Snake Eye vs Storm Shadow! Looks promising.

Where's Cobra Commander? I didnt hear any fearsome raspy voice? Are they gonna do what they did to Megatron in the movies? As in take the concept and obliterate it to something they call "their own" with little disregard to what made the character endure and be loved/loathed by the fandom. At least the Baroness looked like as she is comics wise.

Oh and the dodging missles thing, pft yeah right that's already been done by Ironhide in TFM, nothing new to offer I see.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

From what I understand Cobra Commander is mainly in the background of this movie, and is about him coming to power. I think Destro is the main bad guy

North Melbourne-bot...?