Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Official pictures of Classics 2.0

That's bad news Kup. Powerglide sounds horrible - I thought we were told it was going to be mostly silver, not white, but that's el cheapo Hasbro for you. It was the one I was least likely to get anyway. It's also annoying that Onslaught, the least classics-like of them all, is the one that gets the good deco.

At least the Sunstreaker in the leaked pic we all saw looked to be appropriately coloured. Just please, please tell me that Prowl looked OK?

I'm ordering three of the first six Takara classics and I bet I'll end up not being able to resist the Hasbro versions of the new ones and then forking out for upgrades later.

Powerglide coloured as Jetfire... why, it's almost as if Hasbro's not paying attention!

Here ya go, Hasbro

Yeah its not silver but a super light gray that looks more like an off white.

The trouble is that Powerglide and Jetfire won't display together as they would look like twin Brothers or something specially when the are about the same damn size!

Damn you Archer and your stupid quest for realism! Didn't you learn anything from the previous Universe like and Takara's Greenscream??

Just please, please tell me that Prowl looked OK
    The pic in robot mode is very badly taken so its hard to say for sure but he looks to have a cheap paintscheme but because he is meant to be mostly white with black highlights, it still looks okay. They have also cheapened out on his missiles as they are not silver but a base plastic white (including the launchers) which gives the impression of an unfinished paint job.

The police car mode looks much better than the robot mode as it doesn't rely on color highlights to look good.
    ________
    GLASS BONGS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:05 PM.

I don't understand what the heck is wrong with something like this:

________
    Gm Foods

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Damn you Archer and your stupid quest for realism!
    What quest? None of the Classics Sky Raiders sport realistic fighter jet colours and I wish they went for a more realistic colour scheme with Megatron!

Universe Powerglide just shows an incredible lack of focus from Hasbro.

In the Hasbro website on the page where they show the unpainted prototypes for this figures, they specifically say that the reason for the color scheme is for the sake of realism.

I agree with what you say based on the general theme of the Classics but some smart cookie decided to be creative and this is what we got.
    ________
    Dodge st. regis history

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Didn't Hasbro say they wont be crossing characters over the Animated and Universe lines?
    Hasbro did once claim that there would be no repaints in the Armada line. Since that I always take these sorts of claims with a bag of salt.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Yeah its not silver but a super light gray that looks more like an off white.
    Hasbro like that light gray for silver now it seems, just look at Movie Megatron and FAB frenzy (Even the frenzy with Barricade), they are supposed to be silver. It just looks like they cheaped out and couldn't be arsed painting them properly.

Having see the pics myself:

Onslaught - love it
    Prowl - love it
    Octane - like it; the other name will not be used by me!
    Powerglide - don't like it at all, which is a shame
    Sunstreaker - such a good concept, but such an uninspired final product. As much as I want a Classics Sunstreaker, I am not convinced by what I have seen.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    Hasbro did once claim that there would be no repaints in the Armada line. Since that I always take these sorts of claims with a bag of salt.
    lawl!