Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Official pictures of Classics 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Having see the pics myself:

Onslaught - love it
    Prowl - love it
    Octane - like it; the other name will not be used by me!
    Powerglide - don't like it at all, which is a shame
    Sunstreaker - such a good concept, but such an uninspired final product. As much as I want a Classics Sunstreaker, I am not convinced by what I have seen.

Just saw the colours myself
    Onslaught's colour is OK but that Alt mode it terrible
    Prowl's colours are right but not sure about the mould
    Octane's colours match and with him transformed correctly he will be fine
    Powerglide is screaming for a repaint, i mean come on.... white????
    Sunstreaker will look a lot better with a transformation that is right, the pics were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I don't understand what the heck is wrong with something like this:

That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    That is awesome!
    Unfortunately Archer and Hasbro don't think so
    ________
    CRIME INSURANCE FORUMS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:07 PM.

They're following the tradition of Nel Yomtov. :/

Good old hasbro, they can't make a relaistic looking A10 for the fans that want that, and they can't give powerglide decent show accurate colours for the fans who want that, so they just comprimise and make everyone unhappy.

If they wanted a realistic A10, they could have released it in the Movie line. Classics are for character and toy modernisations and tributes of G1 toys. If they take out the character and the essence of the original toy, then it sucks.

Although the mold and figure size was a bit extreme for a minibot such as Powerglide, it could have still worked if the had gotten the color scheme right.
    ________
    MAGIC FLIGHT
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    If they wanted a realistic A10, they could have released it in the Movie line.
    That would've been Michael Bay's decision rather than Hasbro's. And given the theme of the first movie, an A10 TF would have been a Decepticon - he's made all the Decepticons transform into some kind of 'authoritarian' vehicle (e.g.: military, police) - with the sole exception of Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Although the mold and figure size was a bit extreme for a minibot such as Powerglide, it could have still worked if the had gotten the color scheme right.
    People aren't that fussed about the scale - after all we already have Bumblebee, Mirage, Starscream and Grimlock in the same size scale (Deluxe); what's more important is the overall visual asthetic of the toy... the robot mode, vehicle mode and colour scheme needs to be reminiscent of the original G1 character. It doesn't need to be the same - but it needs to be a clear intentional tribute. Look at Classics Jetfire, it looks drastically different from its previous toy incarnation but marries the G1 toy and show(Skyfire)/comic likenesses and is clearly an intentional tribute to the character.

Takara has done a good job with Powerglide in terms of engineering its mould - the robot and vehicle mode look decent as a Powerglide tribute, but Hasbro has really dropped the ball with the colours.

The colours aren't bad - they're just not Powerglide. In those colours they should've called the toy "Windrazor" or "Tornado" instead of Powerglide.

I'll get all 5. I honestly can't even begin to describe how much I love the look of Onslaught, alt mode and all.

The suspense is killing me.

People aren't that fussed about the scale - after all we already have Bumblebee, Mirage, Starscream and Grimlock in the same size scale (Deluxe); what's more important is the overall visual asthetic of the toy... the robot mode, vehicle mode and colour scheme needs to be reminiscent of the original G1 character. It doesn't need to be the same - but it needs to be a clear intentional tribute. Look at Classics Jetfire, it looks drastically different from its previous toy incarnation but marries the G1 toy and show(Skyfire)/comic likenesses and is clearly an intentional tribute to the character.
    I agree for the most part, although I hate it when they make Transformers big for no reason, If a TF is big he should at least have a decent complex transfromation or have a large altmode. Powerglide maybe a minicon, but he is still a jet, so I have no problem with him being big. Are Powerglide and Onslaught going to be the same size as Prime and Megatron? Truth be told based on the unpainted pictures I like the look of the Powerglide mould better than ol Jetfire, unfortunately the colours are just plane wrong for Powerglide, If you ask me he should have been called Hothouse, I wonder if we'll get a Tailwind repaint?

I wonder if we'll get a Tailwind repaint?
    Knowing Hasbro and the Universe line's past history, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a Christmas repaint along with New Year and Hanukkah repaints but never a red one.
    ________
    FOURTH-GENERATION FORD TAURUS SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:13 PM.