Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Movie // Wolverine and X-Men cartoon

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Same as the Xmen films although it's looking like they retconned Sabretooth.

In more related news, the original cartoon is being released on dvd (FINALLY!!! ) This cartoon was brilliant!!!
    Ive got all these on VHS. About 16 or so tapes I reckon. I should sell them before word gets out about the DVD release....

I've heard it's in the same continuity as the X-Men movies but is like prequel or something, explaining Wolverine's origins.

SNIKT-SNIKT!!

Didn't Wolverine live in feudal Japan at one stage? I'd love to see that in the movie.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Didn't Wolverine live in feudal Japan at one stage? I'd love to see that in the movie.

Wolverine's apparently a fully fledged Samurai although I don't know how that works. Must be similar to how Tom cruise was the last Samurai......

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    Must be similar to how Tom cruise was the last Samurai.....
    lawl! I know what you mean.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Ive got all these on VHS. About 16 or so tapes I reckon. I should sell them before word gets out about the DVD release....
    Lol - I remember hunting these videos down too (I think they were released around 2001)

Wolverine's apparently a fully fledged Samurai although I don't know how that works. Must be similar to how Tom cruise was the last Samurai......
    From what I know, he is incredibly old due the his healing ability.
    He is known to have fought alongside Captain America in WWII.
    He was in Japan at one point and if I remember correctly, he did train in a village for people who had been turned into human weapons. He had a wife and kid and everything.
    But during his final test where he had to not defend himself from some attackers something happened, like an explosion on a near by mountain or something (I read this a long time ago) and he unsheathed his claws, failing the test.
    Bucky had something to do with it I think.
    Can't remember, only read it once, and I was pressed for time.

That trailer looks good anyway. I'm certainly up for it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

i'm definitely after this movie after realising it last year that it will be out in May this year! can't wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In related news I just found out that "Wolverine and the X-Men", the latest X-Men cartoon, is screening at 8.15 Sunday mornings on Channel 2.
    It's pretty good, I've seen the first dozen or so episodes, animation is reminiscent of the Spectacular Spiderman (which is on Saturdays before Tf:Animated.) Season 2 has just started airing in the US.

And of course the 90's cartoon version of Xmen had to go and be released, I just went and 'researched' it over the weekend.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's pretty good, I've seen the first dozen or so episodes, animation is reminiscent of the Spectacular Spiderman (which is on Saturdays before Tf:Animated.) Season 2 has just started airing in the US.

And of course the 90's cartoon version of Xmen had to go and be released, I just went and 'researched' it over the weekend.
    I have been watching Wolverine and The X-Men and it is indeed surprisingly good. Not as good as 90s X-men because this time things such as discrimination and public violence against 'racial' groups is much more toned down due to modern sensibilities but the stories are still well written. Bob Forward from Beast Wars also wrote a few episodes.

I have seen all the episodes released so far (16). They are still in Season 1 not 2.

. Must be similar to how Tom cruise was the last Samurai......

Slightly off-topic, but I interpreted the other guy (name has been forgotten for now) as the last Samurai, Not Tom. Thats how I managed to get through that one.