Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 7 to 12

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    AHM #10 five page preview

From IGN, so not as good as Comic Continuum, as the images are tiny, and wont open larger (at least not for me).

At least there isn't a single squishy in sight on those 5 pages.
    Nice. All This And Civil War 3. The direct links for the pages are:

http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635148.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635154.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635152.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635146.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635142.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635144.html
    http://au.media.comics.ign.com/media...g_6635150.html

Just brought and read Issue 10...rather short and uneventful I must say, but also VERY interesting especially on the 'Con's side :3

I picked up #9 and #10 today.

The human elements in #9 weren't as bad as I thought they'd be from the other reviews. Even Soundwave's rage wasn't as bad as it seemed to be from what others had said.

Issue 10 though put the focus back on the Transformers and there were some pretty cool events going on.

I'm not sure that is Optimus Prime though! Ratchet tells Kup the Autobots have no morale and that repairs on Prime will take time.

A few pages later Prime walks in with morale boosting speech and the Autobots are ready to fight.

But looks who's missing. Ratchet. After that chat with Kup, Ratchet does not appear again in issue 9 or in issue 10. Why? Because he's still working on the real Prime?

I thought maybe it was a hologram like iamtrunks suggested because there was no sign of Hound either after Prime came back, but he reappeared in #10 (although only for just one panel).

Maybe this new Optimus Prime is actually a repainted Ultra Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe this new Optimus Prime is actually a repainted Ultra Magnus
    That's just not right. It should be Toy-Accurate!
    Magnus should be the repaint, not Prime.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

AHM#10 seems to be lacking in dialouge. It could just be me but there seemed to be alot fewer words said during a whole thing making it a quicker read.

I'm not sure that is Optimus Prime though! Ratchet tells Kup the Autobots have no morale and that repairs on Prime will take time.

A few pages later Prime walks in with morale boosting speech and the Autobots are ready to fight.

But looks who's missing. Ratchet. After that chat with Kup, Ratchet does not appear again in issue 9 or in issue 10. Why? Because he's still working on the real Prime?

I thought maybe it was a hologram like iamtrunks suggested because there was no sign of Hound either after Prime came back, but he reappeared in #10 (although only for just one panel).
    If your suppositions are correct then that's an intriguing plot twist. I wonder which characters would be in on it... perhaps just Kup, Jazz, Ratchet and Hound? Oh, and Drift of course. Hmm... Hound only appeared just in time for Volume 2 - perhaps this plotline was an idea that grew organically out of the story, but McWriter hadn't originally planned it? I'm not going to underestimate him anymore - I've enjoyed this volume so far and Prime's reappearance went so much against the grain so I'm willing to accept that its a militaristic win-at-any-cost scam from Kup.

(I've also now read Spotlight: Drift and it turns out that the new taciturn-John-Woo-Perceptor may be a result of Perceptor's loquaciousness getting him slagged. Okay, I'll buy that. And I also look forward to the upcoming story that explains how Kup went from crazy-Nick-Roche-zombie-killing-Vietnam-vet to Nick-Fury-leading-the-Wreckers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    And I also look forward to the upcoming story that explains how Kup went from crazy-Nick-Roche-zombie-killing-Vietnam-vet to Nick-Fury-leading-the-Wreckers.
    lawls @ analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If your suppositions are correct then that's an intriguing plot twist. I wonder which characters would be in on it... perhaps just Kup, Jazz, Ratchet and Hound? Oh, and Drift of course. Hmm... Hound only appeared just in time for Volume 2 - perhaps this plotline was an idea that grew organically out of the story, but McWriter hadn't originally planned it? I'm not going to underestimate him anymore - I've enjoyed this volume so far and Prime's reappearance went so much against the grain so I'm willing to accept that its a militaristic win-at-any-cost scam from Kup.
    Maybe Prowl and Springer are in on it too as they walk in behind "Optimus" in issue 9. Ratchet told Kup the Autobots need morale and "Prime" gave it to them.

Until Hound had that one panel appearance in issue 10 I was totally convinced it was Hound in disguise.

Now the question is just where is Ratchet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    (And I also look forward to the upcoming story that explains how Kup went from crazy-Nick-Roche-zombie-killing-Vietnam-vet to Nick-Fury-leading-the-Wreckers.)
    Kup did credit Perceptor with his new upgraded body in the Drift Spotlight.

Kup did credit Perceptor with his new upgraded body in the Drift Spotlight.
    Yes - I believe we already knew Kup had an upgraded body from Spotlight: Optimus Prime. It's his upgraded mind that I want to find out about. Which will apparently be dealt with in the AHM: Coda that Nick Roche is drawing.

did u all notice that when Optimus makes his miraculous recovery, theres a black bar above his chest.

I say hes pulled a sadam and got a robot double