Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 7 to 12

Yeah, this cannot get more G1 cartoon like if it tried now.

The autobots have a miraculous recovery of Prime followed by another miraculous arrival...

And they get to arrive on Earth at the exact right moment when the Humans are fighting back, the Decepticons are at their weakest due to infighting...

I guess the nice twist at the end could be if Prime was still out of commission on Cybertron, but that cant be as I cannot see Kup, Prowl, Jazz and co leaving him behind unprotected when they head to Earth. If he is a holograph, Hound sure knows what to say, and knew of the new arrivals previous adverntures...

Spotlight Drift gave a few answers to questions regarding Perceptor and Kup's upgrades, so in regards to Kup it finally gives us an answer. Poochie/Drift still gets a few front and centre panels too.

Anyone think they get the Ironhide Mirage stuff? It only confused me as to what it was meant to be.

Writing is still weak and obvious, but the art was great for issue #10.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Yeah, this cannot get more G1 cartoon like if it tried now.

The autobots have a miraculous recovery of Prime followed by another miraculous arrival...

And they get to arrive on Earth at the exact right moment when the Humans are fighting back, the Decepticons are at their weakest due to infighting...

I guess the nice twist at the end could be if Prime was still out of commission on Cybertron, but that cant be as I cannot see Kup, Prowl, Jazz and co leaving him behind unprotected when they head to Earth. If he is a holograph, Hound sure knows what to say, and knew of the new arrivals previous adverntures...

Spotlight Drift gave a few answers to questions regarding Perceptor and Kup's upgrades, so in regards to Kup it finally gives us an answer. Poochie/Drift still gets a few front and centre panels too.

Anyone think they get the Ironhide Mirage stuff? It only confused me as to what it was meant to be.

Writing is still weak and obvious, but the art was great for issue #10.

Nope I don't get it either, are Mirage and Ironhide all buddy buddy again? IF so how boring, talk about wasting an oppurtunity. Mirage should have shot Ironhide while no one was looking.

Coupled with the return of Prime and you know who's sudden arrival to instantly save the day it came across as you said, like it was straight from the cartoon. An enjoyable issue nontheless just not very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Nope I don't get it either, are Mirage and Ironhide all buddy buddy again? IF so how boring, talk about wasting an oppurtunity. Mirage should have shot Ironhide while no one was looking. .
    I don't know if I would say they are all buddy buddy, but yeah, Mirage should have knee-capped him and left him at the mercy of the swarm.
    Perhaps they are saving the angry emo-Mirage bits for post AHM to kick off the monthly series?

Yeah I was also dissapointed at this issue as I thought that the writer had gotten his act together due to the above average last couple of issues. Sadly this one brought it all down to once again being a 'Hardcore' version of the G1 cartoon down to the same over used story template of several episodes.

1. Megatron comes up with some scheme and beats the autobots and is a hair away from conquering Earth.
    2. Autobots morale is down because the Decepticons have beaten them but then Prime rallys them with a new plan for victory.
    3. Decepticons gloat at their success but soon begin to fight among themselves.
    4. Autobots arrive just as the Decepticons are fighting among themselves and beats them. Decepticons Retreat!
    5. Spike tells a joke and everybody laughs. THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    5. Spike tells a joke and everybody laughs. THE END.
    Let us hope it is better than the one about button fly's...

Is it just me, or does it seem that IDW only ever publishes flattering and positive comments in their letter pages? They don't ever print anything that's really critical... very different from the old G1 days IMO. And there are so many spelling and grammatical errors in them too - I realise that some of them might be from message boards but... come on, isn't editting these letters supposed to be Ryall's job? It's pretty embarrassing to read IMO. I must admit I often don't even bother reading IDW's letters pages. (-_-)

Perhaps they are saving the angry emo-Mirage bits for post AHM to kick off the monthly series?[/QUOTE]

When was the monthly series anounced? can you post a link

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    When was the monthly series anounced? can you post a link
    It was not officially announced by IDW, but it was hinted at in the June IDW Solicits:

The shocking conclusion to All Hail Megatron is finally here as the war between the Autobots and Decepticons hits fever pitch. Betrayal, sacrifice, and an ending you won't see coming! Next month, look for All Hail Megatron: Coda, which will answer many lingering questions and set up the coming monthly Transformers series.
    If you check the IDW boards, there are a number of topics concerning the ongoing, and since none of them have been shut-down I'd say it's more or likely happening post the Coda.

And watch the Furman penned IDW-verse be killed completely and utterly...

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It was not officially announced by IDW, but it was hinted at in the June IDW Solicits:

If you check the IDW boards, there are a number of topics concerning the ongoing, and since none of them have been shut-down I'd say it's more or likely happening post the Coda.

And watch the Furman penned IDW-verse be killed completely and utterly...
    Looks like from #13 onwards the comics will be written by Furman so things may not be as bleak as we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Looks like from #13 onwards the comics will be written by Furman so things may not be as bleak as we thought.
    Issue #13: Hunter wakes up. "Wow! I had the weirdest, vivid dream while I was recovering from being separated from Sunstreaker. So, what are those pesky Decepticons from the dead universe doing now?"