Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 7 to 12

Or Mirage is a slave of Bombshell!? Maybe the traitor is spoiler?? Beachcomber again like in the Blaster Spotlight!

I have read a few interesting theories now, and the one I like is that (spoiler)
    A squishie fleshbag, namely Hunter Onion may have betrayed the Autobots..

It's not likely, as it would mean McCarthy actually read what Furman has written, but its a fun theory.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

*avoids spoiler*

I hope it's not Mirage, 'cos that'd be so corny that I would need to erect a scarecrow next to my TF comics. I hope it's not Drift either... cos that would be so cheesy I'd need to set up mouse traps instead - and let's face it, we don't need another reason to resent/dislike Drift. (-_-)

It's interesting actually that the same issue that focuses on the betrayal/defeat of the Autobots also gives us an origin for Bombshell...

Maybe spoilery theorySunstreaker is still actually a Headmaster clone and not Sunstreaker at all. The cover of the next issue suggests a messy end for Sunstreaker but that could be perfect misdirection for the Headmaster, allowing the head to survive and not be found out.. /spoilery theory

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's interesting actually that the same issue that focuses on the betrayal/defeat of the Autobots also gives us an origin for Bombshell...

Maybe spoilery theorySunstreaker is still actually a Headmaster clone and not Sunstreaker at all. The cover of the next issue suggests a messy end for Sunstreaker but that could be perfect misdirection for the Headmaster, allowing the head to survive and not be found out.. /spoilery theory
    That's an interesting theory, but when I saw that, I thought...

spoilery theoryHmmm ... is the traitor Sideswipe? Nah, I must be going crazzyyyyyyyyyy!!!/spoilery theory

oh paul that makes amazing sense. maybe you should get a new job writing comics

I picked up AHM Issue7 while at Paramatta today, I wanted to skip it and wait for the trade, but flipping through though the pages and seeing both E.J Su's art and action I couldn't resist. I have to say unlike the previous issues I enjoyed the issue all the way through. Even some things that I wasn't sure of like the Swarm are growing on me.

The E.J Su artwork + Josh Burcham colouring rocked, I like Guido Guidi's art, but Su's stern faced serious looking Megatron just blows the joly tyrant from the previous issues away. Also the battle scenes were cool, both Megatron ripping the Matrix from Primes chest, Cliffjumper loaded up with guns, and that slightly wierd looking Deluge guy(?) evoked fond memories of the G2 comic series.

Seeing Deluge (or whoever he was) and Dirge back, and mention of Ultra Magnus Scorponok made the comic feel like part of the IDW universe for the first time in the series.

Not entirely sure about the Space Hole Bridge that seems to have done in Prime, that seemed a bit odd.

Also did Dirge just gett offed again? Is the whole Dirge dying thing becomming a self fufilling prophesy? or does Mcarthy read the TF wiki?

All in all I think this issue fired on all cylinders, it almost feels like a different comic to the first 6 to me. if the next 5 issues are this good I'll be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So it has taken 7 issues (the previous six could be condensed into one) to setup for the final five. If this was issue 1 or 2 the series would have been much better for it.

Over the next five issues I fully expect:
    Prime to be repaired and returned, inspiring the Autobots to rally for a "final assault" on the Decepticons. Prime also forgives the traitor, and Ironhide for mauling Mirage.
    Meanwhile Starscream has hatched another plan to overthrow Megatron, and the infighting between the Decepticons is taking hold as the Autobots attack, and the Decepticons are forced to flee, the Autobots saving the day and the USA from being nuked.
    Cue corny joke and all the Autobots laughing at it in the final panel.

It's a 12 issue comic nod to the G1 cartoon series.
    You sum up both my feeling and fears for the series. I also worry that the traitor will turn out to be a cerebro shell victim, and some how everything will right itself to the staus quo in the end. Along those same lines regarding the preview cover of issue 8, I'm going to be very unhappy if Sunstreaker cheats death again!

Issue 8 is now out and basically anything I want to type about this issue is a spoiler, so...

Spoiler alertThe clearest link yet to the Furman series is in the final page which is a homage to the final page of one of Furman's comics. There's a comment about a new character that might be reflective of fan response. There's a character that looks like Perceptor but otherwise doesn't appear to be Perceptor. And Ironhide gets some good character moments in this issue. End Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Issue 8 is now out...
    Some great work from the creative team this month.

Things I liked a lot:

- Reflector having multiple personality disorder.
    - Starscream's scheming to change the title of the comic and his mysterious accomplice.
    - The traitor and the fact that his reasoning behind his actions not only make sense but are also quite awesome from a character and storyline POV.
    - Barely any humans (and those who are around all get tortured or killed. Hurrah!)
    - That Bumblebee shares my opinion of Drift.

Things I disliked a lot.

- Perceptor and Drift being kewl yet again. Sigh.
    - In terms of visual storytelling, I have no real idea what was going on during the Perceptor-is-kewl section.

So far, Volume II of AHM has been quite excellent. If the traitor's 'one condition' is fulfilled and Perceptor and Drift both die excruciatingly painful deaths it will be pretty much perfect. (No, it's not going to happen - I'm just saying.)

yeah I just got the latest issue yesterday and I don't want too say too much for the sake of spoilers but I am eagerly awaiting issue 9