Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan - Help!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Hobby Link Japan - Help!

I'm just writing to see what everyone's thoughts are on HLJ. I've never used them personally, but I know a lot of people on this forum have. I've read a lot of positive and negative things about them, and I'm wondering (from those who've experienced dealing with them, or know people who have) what they're like. Are they always reliable? A lot of people have said they take people's pre-orders, but then don't fulfil them. Others have said that they're expensive!

Are they worth dealing with? Are they okay with stock they've got in, but not with pre-orders? Should I pre-order stuff elsewhere and just use HLJ to buy figures they have 'in stock' only? Are there any other sites anyone would recommend?

Thanks!

benben2142 Guest

Yes there honest and cheap!

I've always found them to be reliable. I've never personally had a pre-order knocked back, but I know some who have - but they're usually on very popular items. If they knock back your pre-order you don't get charged, you only get charged after they ship the item to you.

As for prices, they're neither cheap nor expensive. You pay the standard recommended retail price for toys as they are in Japan - so in other words, it's the same price you would pay for Japanese toys if you were to buy them off the shelves from a store in Japan. Then you pay for shipping.

It's a perfectly reasonable pricing policy. The only way to get it cheaper would be either:
    + If you happen to be in Japan you can go sales hunting
    + Get someone you know in Japan to go sales hunting for you
    ...but sales hunting can be slow and tedious...

There's obviously pros and cons in both ways, but in terms of online shopping I would definitely highly recommend HLJ!

I can say HLJ has never failed my orders so far and items gets delivered fast and quick via EMS. Others were mentioned by Gok. Price wise...they have turned out much more reasonable than most US online stores.

I've never had a problem with HLJ. Their prices and shipping has always been good. Pre-orders are ok as well provided you get in early. Plus they sometimes give a small discount for pre-orders.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I've never had a problem with HLJ. Their prices and shipping has always been good. Pre-orders are ok as well provided you get in early. Plus they sometimes give a small discount for pre-orders.
    You mean EarlyBird prices that is usually -200yen

I'm happy with them.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Nothing but love. Prices are good, postage charges are reasonable, they mainain their website well (ie the listings are always reflective of stock, if they don't have it, you'll know about it).

I've never had a pre-order knocked back myself, and I know they do try to close preorders when they believe they're going to be unable to fulfill the demand.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Out of the MANY orders I've had with HLJ there have only been a few times that they have failed me. Once being when I preordered 2 of a rare item and they took one away

If you order a whole bunch of items and are waiting on others to arrive you do risk having items on your wait list going out of stock. This can result in orders not being fulfilled - the one true I have found with HLJ's stocking policy - which they do outline if you bother reading it, so sometimes it's worth using the "ship available items now" option to avoid disappointment - it usually doesnt make a huge difference if you are shipping SAL. EMS can be a different story.

The other annoying thing is their order and payment processing times - it usually takes them over a week to ship my orders. Much longer if they are in a holiday period as well. There are very few staff there and orders are mostly handeled manually and individually.