Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers And Philosophy book

Sounds like an interesting read regardless of the content soley aimed at transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    So does this mean you've read the book?
    I was referring to the blurb. ;p

I want to read this... it may prove to be one of the "geekiest" reads I've had since reading "The Science of Star Wars: An Astrophysicist's Independent Examination of Space Travel, Aliens, Planets, and Robots as Portrayed in the Star Wars Films and Books"

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    True. Or 'How I Learned to Stop Trukking and Love the Munky'.
    Excellant Dr Strangelove reference there +1.

Couldn't find a pic of the Ratrap parody though.

Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    I want to read this... it may prove to be one of the "geekiest" reads I've had since reading "The Science of Star Wars: An Astrophysicist's Independent Examination of Space Travel, Aliens, Planets, and Robots as Portrayed in the Star Wars Films and Books"
    I read abook like that many years ago. it's amazing how many things are theoreticly possible, if you have enough energy.
    http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Star-T.../dp/0060977108

As for this new Transformers book, I would excpect it to use transformers as more of a launching pad of philosphy and science than accurate brand history.

Hmmm all this philosphy reminds me of my uni days.

I hope it ponders such meaningful questions as "Who is red? Rumble or Frenzy?", "Are the Constructicons really inferior to Soundwave?", and "wHy mY sHoULdeRs hUrt?"

I can tell it'll be focused around G1, since that's the only thing the general public remembers aside from the movie.