Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New GHOSTBUSTERS Line

A little to the left... a little bit more...

From Matty's Facebook page...

What a year it has been for Ghostbusters! Hands up... who knew this time last year we'd all have 6" and 12" figures of our favorite paranormal investigators and exterminators in our collections?

With the buzz of a new film in the works Mattel was able to score the much coveted license of the classic Ghostbusters and all their villains and allies! Thanks in a huge part to our great partners at Sony, Mattel was proud to debut a brand new line of highly detailed, fully articulated figures of the classic 4-some starting with an exclusive Egon figure at SDCC 2009.

We knew that the first figure at Comic Con was going to have a "slime" deco to make him stand out at the show. Since Harold was the first actor to approve his likeness rights, Egon became the first figure in the line paired with the ghost sidekick Slimer. And yes, we are well aware that there is demand for a non slimed version. Not to fear! By the end of 2010 we'll have a new Egon out in movie accurate deco with a PKE meter. He isn't in the cards in the immediate future, but we will get to him.

SDCC was followed up by a roll out of one new 6" figure every other month and one new 12" figure once per quarter. And what amazing 12" figures these are! Not only did the GB line premier Mattel's brand new 12" body, but they each included authentic GB accessories like light up proton packs, traps, extra hands and real cloth uniforms. Our goal is to finish up the 12" movie 1 line up by the end of 2010. So look for more large scale movie masters coming your way every few months throughout next year!

The 6" line is also really taking off. We've already got Ray and Winston under our belt with Walter Peck heading your way in a few short months. Walter will come with an in-scale containment unit that works perfectly with the trap already available with 6" Winston! We've got a lot more great accessories for future 6" figures in the works, many engineered to retroactively work with previously released figures! Just wait for a few great surprises. We've got this line well thought out...

We've heard all the fan requests for more characters, both good and evil from the GB world. At this point we have secured all of the core likeness rights so look to finish your movie 1 core team by the end of 2010 with plenty of 6" scale figures offered about every other month only on MattyCollector.com.

At NYTF in Feb. we'll have at least 2 new 6" figures to reveal (possibly more if the sculpts are complete in time!). Our collector night is Feb 14th, so be sure to hit your favorite fan web sites for all the new announcements.

SDCC will bring a new GB exclusive as well as some big surprises and an all new scale for the GB world. We're also looking into some high end prop replicas, more 12" and 6" figures from Movie 2 as well as a look ahead as we gear up for the possible third film in the works!

At Mattel, we've only just started to attack the full world of Ghostbusters toys. From the movies, to the classic animated series and beyond, we have a whole paranormal world to explore in lots of scales and styles! A lot of great items are in store in 2010 and beyond. Glad to have all the fans along for the ride!

Slime time has only just begun!
    Sounds really exciting! It also explains a few things! Somebody at Matty is obviously a GB fan!! Great news all round!

Hopefully the line is considered a success by Mattel and it hangs around long enough for us to get everything we want

Walter Peck has been delayed and won't be released March 15th. He will now be released May 17th

Peter Venkman is being brought forward to a April 15th release date

Walter Peck news

Peter Venkman news

I wonder if it's the 6" or the 12" Venkman!

Man - I can't wait til this weekend to get some answers/pics for Ghostbusters and MOTUC!

Woo hoo... new GB pics...

Firstly, we have the Containment Unit and its accessory... Walter Peck

It sounds odd, but I am so impressed by the sculpt of the Containment Unit - it's spot on! And I'm stoked that you can use the trap that came with Winston with this thing! Awesome!

Next we have a brand new figure... Lab Suit Ray. Very, very cool for GB fans! I'm stoked for 2 other reasons too... firstly, he comes with (what I think) is the blue ghost from the 1st movie which terrorizes the subway crowds, and secondly... he also has the sniffer!! Now, the sniffer is one of the best tools they have (in terms of inducing laughter from the audience ) and it was made famous by Dr venkman when he has no idea how to use it, but is trying to solve Dana's problem (ie, get in her pants)

For those who are wondering about the "Lab Suits", these are the outfits they wore in their famous TV commercial... "We're ready to believe you!"

And speaking of Dr Venkman... here he is (finally)...
    And yes - he's been slimed! I'm equally stoked and relieved that they have given Venkman a slightly different sculpt... he never had his pants tucked in to his boots in the film, so the 4H have done well here! Also, he comes with a new Slimer - cool!

Personally, I can't wait!

I'm loving that Venkman!

I hadn't seen this pics anywhere

I love that Lab Suit Ray. What a great way to get more of the main figures out. I will buy any variation

Venkman looks good but I don't like the slime. I hope it looks closer to the Movie/Egon version slime for the final production

Matty has screwed up and sent me 2x my original order of Egon.
    therefore i have a few spares if anyone is interested, LMK.
    $30 each plus postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chansformer View Post
    Matty has screwed up and sent me 2x my original order of Egon.
    therefore i have a few spares if anyone is interested, LMK.
    $30 each plus postage.
    Is that a few spares of just Egon or a few spares of all the figures so far?

I might buy an Egon so I can keep one SDCC version MOC and one loose

just egon.

when i originally ordered him, i also bought the 2010 motu sub, which meant they sent me another 4 with my Jan figure.