Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclonus - and his armada...

Default Cyclonus - and his armada...

I think most of us can agree the Universe toys - for their price (in the states) and the demands that Hasbro have to submit to - have done pretty damn good- Paint apps aren't Henkei level - but then again - Henkeis retail for twice the price - so yeah - fair enough-
    So there's a bunch of us who pretty much will go for either henkei or Universe cause it really can be considered 'good enough'.

Me - I've been planning to do a bit of 'Cyclonus and his armada' action - No - not going down the road of Senor STL and buying something like 40 of the suckers - but I'm getting one Henkei, flanked by two Universe ones...

That said, the Henkei one has to outshine his subordinates - Not hard - considering the chrome he's got (and especially on that crazy Nightstick :|)- I did however think that as good as Universe Cyclonus looks with his dark purple - WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE TWO SHADES OF 'GREY' !?!?!??! Okay, it's not really that bad - Subtle use where the wings are is great - but really - different shades for the upper and lower thigh!? whut!?

And the face is unpainted - which we knew was going to happen and I'm okay about - so touchups have to happen anyway -
    SO. With the 46+ degree day yesterday and hanging out at STL's with jacksplatt, we now have:

That last pic makes me think that I really should dust off my toys before taking pictures - but oh well - I digress... :\

Another + for hasbro is that the forearms of these suckers - they're actually grey plastic. All the purple there is painted. Yep. They had to match paint, and they did it right! Well done!

So-Lemme know what ya'll think guys

Cheers!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

That looks awesome!

What paint did you use btw? It seems a bit dark to be silver.

I bought the Henkei becuase I couldn't be bothered doing what you did to Cyclonus, very nice those grey parts look much better. I thought for a second you had painted the grey parts of his torso a matching purple in the first pic, which would have been cool, though tonning the silver gray colour down has pretty close to the same effect.

Nice work.

wow he looks heaps better, good job

great! i intend to do similar when I get my hands on one

Erm ... undercoat of black then mithril silver? Looks very nice!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Awesome, looks 10x times better. :thumbsup:
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Cyclonus looks very nice, can't wait to get my hands on one.

Your custom looks more like the toy on the back of the box than the toy in the box!

I was looking forward to getting Universe Cyclonus because of the darker purple... but the slackness of the grays makes me wanna cry. (T_T) I intentionally passed up on Henkei Cyclonus and am now waiting to find Universe Cyclonus in stores... (-_-)