Thread: Silverstreak - done at last!

Default Silverstreak - done at last!

Ah.

At long bloody last. Why? Cause this Silverstreak has given me more headaches than most of my other customs put together. Why? Because this one just kepy FALLING APART. I've told some of us online here about this one before - but this toy just kept BREAKING and BREAKING.

Things that went wrong - horribly, horribly wrong:

• L-shaped plastic that connects the roof to the body just snapped while I was away from the toy one day. >_> Snapped where the pins are - SUPERGLUED
    • Right forearm. The toy was standing there. Drying. Then suddenly a piece of plastic falls off as I lift him. It's a chunk (again at the pin) that broke off. WHUT!? - SUPERGLUED
    • Left forearm. Signs of stress around the forearm where the right one broke were forming. - SUPERGLUED
    • Left missile launcher holding plastic. It's the piece that extends off his left side back that holds the left missile launcher. It inexplicably cracked as well. - SUPERGLUED
    • And finally, when I peeled off the masking (I was trying a different kind of tape at the time and I only peeled it off months later) there was a lot of leakage with the BLACK PAINT. So I had to sand it off and while I was cleaning it all and the like - the transparent blue went off and besides - the sanding had made the windscreen more opaque than anything - PAINTED BLUE
    • But wait - there's more. Just before the incident above - I was more or less happy with the bugger - I'd just sprayed him with a clear coat, left him to dry for a while, THEN I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT HIM LYING DOWN ON A PLASTIC BAG. Major crease-age appeared on his back (ROOF!) and so that had to be sanded to hell.

Phew. >_> Now perhaps you understand my frustration. So. Without further ado:

Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

As always, your feedback is great - I haven't had much time to reply as of late (Slow, slow SLOW net at home) but I will when I'm back at work again tomorrow

Cheers dudes and dudettes(?)

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

not your best work but still a good effort my friend!
    always love all your repaints

Haha - Thanks icey- yeah - I was just happy to be done and done with this idiot of a toy. >_>;

I think he *does* look better in real life though

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Alt mode is a win, well done lcz128!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Alt mode is a win, well done lcz128!
    Thanks Lint!
    Considering everything I had to go through - it means a lot that you think that I was trying to get THAT part best as well

Actually come to think of it - that's where it started to go downhill... His DOORS were sticky out of package. I then painted the sucker (had to try twice) before I got it the way it is.

Dang - this custom involved a hell of a lot of effort <_<;

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Wow you deserve a pat on the back for your perseverance! I would've rage quit after the first or at most second problem, probably destroying the toy afterwords in a mad King Kong rage involving climbing a building with Streak as my hostage. Rawr!

Next!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice, I have this one in the to do pile.

He looks much better with the red limbs.

Don't know how you have the patience after ll the things that broke!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Wow you deserve a pat on the back for your perseverance! I would've rage quit after the first or at most second problem, probably destroying the toy afterwords in a mad King Kong rage involving climbing a building with Streak as my hostage. Rawr!
    +1 but with a blowtourch
    would have turned into a puddle