Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenner CENTURIONS

Yes, Centurions were great - they were even designed by Jack Kirby and Gil Kane. I particularly liked Rex Charger and John Thunder - the final two Centurions - who were in the show but the toyline was axed before their toys and weapons systems were released.

PO-WEEERRRR EX-TREME-STREAM-STREAM-stream-stream-stream-stream-stream-stream!!

Did anyone else used to stand in front of their TV during the show and put your body in that "X" formation and spin around pretending that all the gear was attaching to you? Man that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rodimus View Post
    I had Ace and the additional space suit add on thingy, I remember ace losing a leg after a few years of hard playing abuse but have no idea what happened to him. I'll have a look for parts etc for you.
    That would be great... let me know if you find anything. I also had the extra spacesuit (orbital interceptor?) with Ace McCloud, was a great thing.
    It's strange that Ace McCloud seems to the hardest Centurion to obtain on ebay misb. Was just wondering if he was the most popular or the most easily broken one...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Did anyone else used to stand in front of their TV during the show and put your body in that "X" formation and spin around pretending that all the gear was attaching to you? Man that was fun.
    Anyone who didn't is lying (orrrr has some sort of motor control disability )

Got a visit from the mailman today...
    Some great junker parts from Fungal Infection, sent for the cost of postage, very generous guy.
    And this beauty;

The seller described the box as 'poor' but it is almost perfect (except for the brown 22 year old tape). This toy won't be misb for long!! And Max Ray is on his way from the same seller.
    Last edited by d*r*j*; 7th March 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Opened up Jake today, must say that it was a real thrill opening a 22-23 year old misb toy. Have never had that sensation before... my transformers are always newer issues... or secondhand (really try and avoid 2ndhand stuff).
    Jake Rockwell is probably the best toy I own.

If you end up with a complete Swingshot for your Jake before I do, I will be very upset with you.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I purchased another misb Jake Rockwell on ebay yesterday... this time the english language box one...

Not really that keen on the Swingshot... but if that's a challenge??

Not a challenge, more a deterrent. You wouldn't want to see me unhappy.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

well, we will just have to wait and see... my desire for centurions is growing pretty rapidly. I still have to find myself a nice Ace McCloud which is easier said than done considering how rare he seems to be. either his upper arms are massively discoloured or his helmet is lacking in the essential paint apps. When that task is done I will start checking out some of the more exotic stores in and around melbourne... see what I can find.

Is Swingshot hard to find or is it just the case that you haven't got around to it?