Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Pricing Changes

With Ben 10 toys costing under $15 for the basic/deluxe sized toys, and Bakugans costing anywhere from $5-$50 (those are the 2 big fads I know of) Deluxe transformers costing $30 seems like a really stupid move.

With only Legends (getting close to $10), and the occasional scout or Activator costing closer to $20, it's putting Transformers out of the "bribe/shut-up/behave" price class, and eschewing them firmly in the "birthday/christmas" present area only.

I guess Hasbro figure that since the first movie toys sold so well, a small increase before the second movie toys release will be the best way to maximise their profits.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

At this rate a lot of parents may opt to buy their kids Roadbots. Roadbots: the next generation of Machine Men!

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    (IMO the movie toys are UGLY, the robot faces are too harsh and so are the angles, not so apealing to children IMO) as compared to what else is marketed at their target demographic... :P
    This is true the robot faces are ugly in most cases ! and the movie really is for a mature audience as well! but they provide some cute merchandise as well which might seem more appealing and then later on the child may decide they want to upgrade to a new transformer toy. Just a theory. Also boys in general like war toys! getting a bunch of toys and having a battle has alot of appeal

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    If I were a parent, I'd go for Ben10. Well recognised as well but nowhere near as expensive. I hope that this doesn't hurt TFs in the long run.
    While ben10 is awesome and I really dig it, if I were a parent I'd be all over lego for the young'uns.

Massive replayability and very large price ranges. You can go for the cheap right up to the "christmas present" on the lego scale. And there are plenty of (different) sets in every category. Different being not just the same thing in a difffernt scale, eg, optimus.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Noticed both Animated and Universe deluxes for $28.99 and the Crossover Transformers for $34.99 at K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Noticed both Animated and Universe deluxes for $28.99 and the Crossover Transformers for $34.99 at K-Mart.
    That's two price rises for K-Mart Crossover toys. The first was from $30 to $33. Now another hike. That means TRU prices shld be higher. This isn't good.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So another $1 for Deluxes and another $2 for the crossovers?

I guess Target and TRU will follow suit in the near future?

To think the first wave of Universe/Classics figures were only $25 for the deluxes... and Cybertron about $23 at Kmart.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Toyworld Fremantle has deluxes for $29.95 up from $26.95 .

On the plus side, their Legends were only $6, time to grab me a Beachcomber soon methinks.

Ouch.

Reading about the price increases isn't the same as seeing them. It really hurt to see $28.99 and $29.99 on a Deluxe. TFs are getting pretty damned expensive. Even at 20%, that's $24. I think in the future sale prices will be closer to $25 given how nice and round that figure sounds.

That sucks though b/c just last year, you could get 5 deluxes at sale prices for $100 but now u can only get 4 for $100. Sigh.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

As Tiby discovered and I have just validated, Animated Voyagers at TRU are now $69.99.

Who TF would by a toy that size for $70? What TF are they thinking?