Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Tiby REPRESENT on ABC Collectors!

Perhaps you could bring "doubles" to show in both modes, like if you have two versions of BT Smokescreen or maybe a BT and ALT Smokescreen. It would mean more stuff for you to bring/lug around but yeah.

I would recommend bringing a selection of toys showcasing the evolution of TF toy engineering, e.g.:

How did this happen Tiby? Did you approach the show? Did they find you via your MP-5 process?

Metalhawk would be rare, well outside japan

Oh and someone tape this episode will yah and post a link here when you upload in youtube, Im sure gonna miss this as Ill be working but I really wanna see it - even if its just a recording!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron to show the fur and scale factor.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Congrats Tiby!

Some great suggestions already! I like the idea of taking several of one character (like Optimus Prime) and showing the difference between them... eg, G1, Universe, Movie & Animated. This will really highlight all the different lines!

I also like the idea of at least one Binaltech/Alternator and a Combiner!

How exciting - it would be good for The Collectors to have a fan who knows about Transformers rather than the unknowledgable, factually incorrect stuff they've had in the past.

I think it would be great to emphasise the variety of Transformers. I.e...

- Something that looks like a realistic animal from the Beast era - perhaps gorilla Primal for Trukk Not Munky value. Or Airazor or Blackarachnia since they're smaller and two of the first mass-produced female Transformers outside of Japan.
    - Definitely something from Animated since it's such a unique look - Cybertron Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, Lugnut, an Activator, anything.
    - Something suitably freaky-looking from the 2007 movie.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Here are the requirements:

1. They want Masterpiece Megatron! We are working through the legalities of this one...
    2. Varied colours.
    3. Figures that show off the engineering and puzzle factor (which I suspect I will need to transform on set, so not too complicated please!)
    4. Older ones and newer ones to show the difference.
    5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.
    6. Boxed items if possible (I am a TF Emancipator but I have a few boxed ones)
    7. I need to be able to carry them to Tassie.
    1. Well if you cant get masterpiece megs, go for prime or screamer
    2. Cybertron/Galaxy Force stuff is good for this
    3. I nominate Cybertron or Henkei Megs. If too big then classics/universe mirage or ironhide. Sixshot has great puzzle factor but might look silly to an outside audience. If all fails, choose an alternator.
    4. Do a G1 -> Classics -> Animated for 1 character. Maybe even an extra intermediate if that character was in the unicron trilogy or movie.
    5. You can sort this out yourself.
    6. Masterpieces are impressive, probably too bulky. G1 reissues are good.

Can I suggest If you're going to take several versions of a character, make sure the difference is BIG! Afterall most veiwers (other than everyone on this board who will be watching) are not transfans, so while we might instantly pick up the difference between a G1 toy and its Universe counterpart the average viewer will probably just see two similar looking toys. On the other hand place G1 Prime and MP Prime together and everyone is going to notice the difference.

Anyway whoever you take I can't wait to see you on the show, good luck!

I'd recommend Music Label Soundwave and the Nike shoes just to show people that even real tech items can be made into TFs (in this case an MP3 player) and the shoes could show that TFs are not just limited to vehicles, weaponry and animals.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

What about Bumblebee as alot of people know who he is so you could have i.e. G1 Minibot - Classics - Movie - Animated quite diverse and small in size to carry.
    Maybe G1 Mirage and Classics Mirage too

And for Bots and Cons at least G1 Prime as everybody know who he is. Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave again popular for the masses.

First Season Optimus Primal and Cheetor would be good as well i think. and then maybe a pred transmetal like Rampage or TM2 Megs

If you are thinking of bringing a combiner team Stunticons would be a winner

As for showing off the engineering and puzzle factor Movie Leader Optimus i would think be a good one as its not too hard and not too simple to transform (still might wanna practice)

the possibilities are endless....and some rare japanese one would be cool too HEADMASTERS!!!!

with whatever you decide Good Luck and Congrats!! hope to see you on TV!!!