Thread: Comic Speculations: All Hail Megatron (spoilers)

Default Comic Speculations: All Hail Megatron (spoilers)

Because this is fun and I want to throw it open to everybody.

Note: this thread may contain spoilers because it covers what people know from comic books & preview images/info already released.

And some people might just guess really well!

===================================

Now I joked that because of the "Spotlight: Metroplex" maybe New York City would transform into Metroplex.

But now I think maybe it will transform into Trypticon.

AHM has a cartoon influence, and in the cartoon Trypticon was created by the Constructicons out of a large human city.

In the comic the Constructicons have sealed off New York City from the rest of the country and been out of sight for a while (working on this project?)

The Decepticons have perfected gestalt technology (allowing them to unite multiple items into one giant robot)

And Megatron has the Matrix: the perfect power/life source for a Transformer on a scale they've never seen before?

Oh and Metroplex, who is getting his own Spotlight issue, needs someone big to fight.

However IDW Trypticon has already appeared.... but maybe he's just rebuilt larger?

Oh and maybe Drift is actually Scamper in disguise!

=====

What do you think will happen (or want to see happen) in the remaining issues of All Hail Megatron?

Or maybe NYC will become Metrotitan!

I think it's fairly obvious where all this is going.

Ironhide has killed Mirage, who was the Autobot traitor and - as per the cover for issue #8 - Sunstreaker dies. He dies because he has run out of fuel. All the Autobots are sad except Sideswipe. This ends the story on Cybertron.

In #7, you may remember that Jazz asked, "any sign of Drift or Blurr." This was foreshadowing. There is no sign of Drift, because he has been using his ability to fly through space to get to Earth. Drift lands feetfirst in Manhattan and accidentally crushes Commander Spike Witwicky under his metal soles. Drift says nothing. The Decepticons look in his direction but Drift brandishes his samurai sword. Before the Decepticons can react, all their heads have fallen off. Drift says nothing. Now, only Megatron remains.

"I have killed two Primes," Megatron says, holding out The Matrix as evidence.

Drift uses his power of being really fast to take the Matrix, which falls open in his hands. In a swathe of light, Drift and his sword grow bigger.

"You won't kill a third," says Driftimus Prime holding out his new sword.

Megatron's head falls off.

Victorious, Drift slowly picks up Megatron's head and holds it out, Yorick-style. "All hail Megatron," he says, ironically.

The humans cheer as Driftimus Prime flies back into outer space.

Another speculation

According to Furman's Mosaic Sunstreaker is still a Headmaster after All Hail Megatron, but the Sunstreaker on Cybertron says he isn't a Headmaster...

So maybe Hunter keeps a Sunstreaker clone body (and residual Sunstreaker memories) and Sunstreaker goes off to Cybertron with his head intact.

Or maybe the Sunstreaker who returned to the Autobots is actually a Machination Headmaster Clone?

Or perhaps I'm looking at the wrong Autobot....

Ironhide disappeared during Escalation, leading to Hot Rod and Wheeljack trying to track him and the Sunstreaker clones trying to stop them.

Maybe when the Autobots recovered Ironhide they actually got another Headmaster Clone? .

Sideswipe did note in issue #7 of AHM that it was both Sunstreaker and Ironhide are the ones making things worse. And both of them are Autobots who have gone missing in the recent past...

If the Headmaster stuff is ignored as we suspect I still believe that Ironhide may be the one with a Cerebro Shell in his noggin as he's been cast as the most suspicious Autobot IMHO.