Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOCs

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I guess we have to make do with what we have.
    I find that it makes you even more creative because you have an idea of what you want and have to compromise and come up with an even more creative solution.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I find that it makes you even more creative because you have an idea of what you want and have to compromise and come up with an even more creative solution.
    QFT +1

I have always loved restrictions in "custom" stuff. Limited parts can be worked around. It may be awful to be 60% complete only to have to restart as there's no possible way to do it without the proper pieces. But such is the way of MOC's with limited selection of pieces. Hopefully I get to finally start making something to see just how good my creativity is.

QFT +1

I have always loved restrictions in "custom" stuff. Limited parts can be worked around. It may be awful to be 60% complete only to have to restart as there's no possible way to do it without the proper pieces. But such is the way of MOC's with limited selection of pieces. Hopefully I get to finally start making something to see just how good my creativity is.
    I know what you mean.
    I tried making a Bionicle humanoid without using the torso pieces that the canister sets use.
    Ended up with this

A while back, I posted some findings of Space "Classics", modern reinventions of some of the old school space sets. Well, Space's 30th anniversary is here or quickly approaching and I stumbled across a great blog which only features these modern space reinventions, specifically this one:

http://neoclassicspace.com/

Now those have very little studs exposed jay! Looks ace.

Nice work GP. I like the use of axles with the ball pieces for the arm and wrist joints. Loving the work done for the torso though. And what is the purpose of the rubber band hidden in the groin area? Exposed g-string?

'Tis the same dude.

And what is the purpose of the rubber band hidden in the groin area? Exposed g-string?
    The rubber band was actually holding the hips in. If you look, the ball-joints on the hips are these parts. There is a rod going through the top of that and the corner of the Slizer foot I used as a base, but it doesn't keep it still. The rubber band keeps it together, while also letting it go out a bit if needed. Kind of cheating, but the rubber band is one of the Lego ones they give you for some sets, so it technically counts
    Agreed. Although it kind of freaks me out because it doesn't look like Lego. Looks like an actual model made with other things. I prefer the studs being there, looks like it is Lego. But it is still very impressive when they manage to hide most, if not all, of them

Cool new Tumbler, with a motor and two speed transmission!

Go here and be amazed everyday. Yes, I've been drawn back into Lego... arrggh, I'm gonna be so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    Go here and be amazed everyday. Yes, I've been drawn back into Lego... arrggh, I'm gonna be so poor.
    Those guys are the guys I started on too, and then added these guys, and probably a few more from there.

I'm crazy about neoclassicspace.com which is currently doing their mad MOC of the day for March. There's at least 4 or 5 NENN pieces which never cease to amaze me with how he exposes virtually no pegs.