Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOCs

Default The MOCs Thread

Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

and built by optimus prime too... transformers linkage FTW

Even the US flag and Cobra symbol was built out of Lego. I'm not too familiar witht he vehicles but these look awesome.

Vector APC

This was an amazing little piece. It really inspired me again. Not that I lost any passion for LEgo but with time at a Premium, Legos dropped off the ladder of priorities (until Space Police arrives anyway) but this makes me want to open my boxes and go nuts again.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

War Within Prowl

I wasn't that happy with the back end so added a set of boosters.

The design of it's okay. I've probably got 4 parts of the build that could easily be improved and more efficient. The lazy part is going back, taking it apart and fixing it and then reassembling it. I can see why it takes a lot of time as well as a lot of pieces too.

After this, I wanted to build WW Tracks but I didn't have enough pieces. My next project will be WW Prime. But I don't have enough pieces at the moment so that's a bit away. I never realised how many pieces one needed to build MOCs. I've got a chunk of pieces now but evidently not enough.
    Last edited by STL; 28th February 2009 at 12:12 PM.

Awesome STL. Strangely enough. Over the weekend I was at a friends place and his sons had a huge amount of Bionicles in a big box loose, so me and his son got to making some creations. Here's two I made:

Excuse the technicoloured nature. Just working with what's available.

Stompy's unnamed 6 legged beast with claw tail, two SRM launchers, buzzsaw and spear arms:

Stompy's also unnamed 15 headed Bionicle Hydra:

Not the greatest at all, but for a quick go and a rather unfamiliar way to build, I did ok.

I recognise the chain-wheel from Exo-Force. Those Bionocle pieces actually look quite useful. And I ran through my library of Lego and I totalled about 21,000 pieces of Lego. It sounds a lot but I guess in the building game that's not very much at all.

With robot modes, I need more space and a lot more pieces. I wanted Prowl to transform but a lack of the correct pieces didn't help. I poured over the Peeron site but a lot of those pieces I need are in sets that arent' easy to get anymore.

The ball joint and ratchet joints can certainly help make transforming MOC's but they are quite bulky. I am starting to get a creative flow happening again and am thinking of making a few transforming ones. I'm pretty sure I will get to a point of missing particular pieces. I guess we have to make do with what we have.