Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Tetsuwan Convoy: I would strongly recommend getting Transformers: Generations - it has photos of every Transformer from G1 to G2, Hasbro and Takara. The book was made by Takara (published by Keibunsha) who hired a professional photographer to photograph toys from their own private collection. Really awesome pictures. It also has some other bonus goodies too (including an interview with G1 toy designer Ono Koujin). I don't know if Perth has a Japanese bookstore, but if not see if you can bug any of your in-laws to get one in for you.
    Keibunsha you say? Would you mind sending me the ISBN and I will do a search for it. I have tried various book shops in japan, (book off etc) but didn't have any luck.

How is the TF Generations Complete (published by Jive)? I have put an order in on HLJ for it, but don't think I am gonna get it.

Unfortunately, the one and only Japanese book store in Perth closed down a couple of years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    One of those Megatron poses looks a bit rude,
    I had to go back to find out what you meant. LOL.

Very nice Animated figs there. I honestly can't wait for them. They look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    One of those Megatron poses looks a bit rude,
    just realised that too *lol*

TC: ISBN4-8130-1094-6

And it's published by Million (ミリオン出版(株)), not Keibunsha - sorry.

I got these last week and finally have pics.

Whole thing

Scouts

Scouts Bot Mode

Deluxe Bot Mode

My favourites of the whole thing? These 2.

Pretty good haul.

Scouts -

Clocker
    Armorhide
    Brakedown (For Sale!)
    Firebolt (Japanese version of Windrazor)
    Hardtop
    Ransack (For Sale!)
    Scrapmetal (Red)
    Swindle (Japanese version of Blight)
    Scrapmetal (Yellow)

Deluxe -
    Excellion (Japanese version of Hot Shot)
    Exegeyser (Japanese version of Cybertron Defense Hot Shot)
    Optimus Primal (BW 10th)
    Sideburn (RiD)
    Megatron (BW 10th)
    Unicron
    Thundercracker
    Thunderblast
    Airrazor (Armada)

Very nice, Thanatos. Very nice.

Yeah, I was pretty happy.

I found a Bionicle sword with with Unicron, and tbh, it makes him look badass. I'm going to have to see what other weapons the Bionicle line offers because sometimes swords make a Transformer look badass (Vector Prime is a total example of this)

Over the past few days:
    - Ultra Magnus (IE. Nightwatch Prime) at the awesome price of $70!
    - Evac: he's my Mr. 1000! Woot!
    - Warpath

Courtesy of Unca Iceburn for the last two. And they round out Ultra Magnus' team. I've been waiting for Ultra Magnus for a long time. As soon as I got him all the others that have been sitting in packaging came out immmediately. And I also found the repaint to really work. The shade of gray is less dull than Prime's gray and the light bright blue makes him seem a little different. The purple windows didn't quite warm to me at first but they really do work well once you transform it once or twice. The shade of blue for the armour is also really nice. They look lovely as a team.

I'm calling them:
    - Skyblast
    - Cliffjumper
    - First Aid (I don't really see the need for a "Rescue Ratchet", movie ratchet is movie ratchet!)
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Warpath
    - Evac
    - Air Raid

Evac I find to be really good. The new head mould and colours really make it shine. I reckon the Premium Blackout will be better with the improved decos. With Ultra Magnus I changed the shoulder pads and the point hood bits at the back a bit to make him a little different to Prime. I now need a blue blade to go with him. I also changed Skyblast's wings around and given him a gun rather than an axe so he's different enough to Air Raid.

I do find that renaming and being able to form a good looking squad really helps to invigorate the collecting. Otherwise I'd would've hated Nightwatch Prime, Cliffjumper and Rescue Ratchet. It gives repaints some meaning and interest. I felt an overwhelming sense of joy when I found Nightwatch Prime cos it meant I had Ultra Magnus and I could complete my 2nd Autobot TFM team. Anyone else do that?
    Last edited by STL; 27th February 2008 at 11:33 AM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

That's very cool STL. Love that concept of an UM second TFM team.
    A gold star for the bright student.

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

hahha.. yeh i do a bit of kitbashing... these cost me about 30US each (ebay)... prime was a bit of a rip off IMHO( but i got hiim before anyone else did.. lol) , but megs was definetly worth it!

i love how the cartoon style robot modes transform really well into the alt modes.. im actually really surprised