Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions.

aaargh and I was going to check an EZdvd in Blacktown earlier but decided not to! Had to much stuff to carry.... oh well at least its out... hopefully they've stocked enough of it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    G1 Thunderwing. He's so nice. Love all the at modes. Probably one of my favourite Pretenders.
    Not to mention that his character totally rocks.

OMG, I just blew $137.50 U.S on Nike Optimus and Megatron. I hope they are worth it.

I got the second Animated comic on the way home tonight. Unlike the first which adapted three stories, this one only adapts two: Blast from the Past and Nanosec. In doing so it skips three other episodes which surprised me.

Masterforce was bought at JB Hi Fi yesterday too.....

Man i want to get this to watch it all but it looks so stupid IMO IMO don't flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many
    OMG, I just blew $137.50 U.S on Nike Optimus and Megatron. I hope they are worth it
    they smell like gym socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Masterforce was bought at JB Hi Fi yesterday too.....

Man i want to get this to watch it all but it looks so stupid IMO IMO don't flame me.
    I thought the same until I begun to watch it and thought the same even after the first couple of episode but before I knew it I came to love it as the story and characters evolved considerably and the plot came into its own.

Although the main cast is technically human, they do an awesome job of keeping the plot very much Transformers despite this.

You dont really need to finish watching Headmasters to enjoy Masterforce. Its pretty much its own story rather than a continuation, although they do make a brief and rather pointless attempt to link it to Headmasters.

Headmasters is by far the weaker series when it comes to plot and story.

In my opinion the Japanese G1 series rank as following (not including Zone):

1. Masterforce
    2. Victory
    3. Headmasters

Victory's position may change in the near future as I am only 3-4 episodes away from finishing it. The latter episodes are very much making me into a fan and changing my perception of some characters. For example, through most of the series I found the Dinoforce to be bad comic relief. However after these last few episodes I have become a fan and would buy the toys if I could.

I still like Headmasters but is mainly due to nostalgia rather than the series itself although it has its moments.
    Last edited by kup; 15th February 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    they smell like gym socks.
    If that's the case I hope they don't start making Transformers in the shape of undies.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    If that's the case I hope they don't start making Transformers in the shape of undies.
    You can expect that in Kiss players

MISB Japanese Bonecrusher, and my chep deluxes from BBTS (Acree was never sold in New Zealand)