Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS lite screen protectors

benben2142 Guest

Default DS lite screen protectors

Hey guys, good to be back, well I bought recentley a DS lite black and I ordered Hori screen protectors of ebay but they turned out to be fake and not even stick. After I ended up buying the offcial nintendo ones made by "BDA" they were crap so I got playmax ones from dicksmith.

The Question is, what is a good way of cleaning the screen before applying?, I also picked up dust spray from dicksmith.

benben2142 Guest

The reason for this question is because dust gets trapped on the sides of the touch screen so it's hard to get that dust out, otherwise I will have a dusty screen protector with bubbles!

welcome back benben, I use Mr. Sheen on my LCD TV, comes up a treat. Since the DS screen is so small I'd spray onto the cloth rather than the screen directly, you wouldn't want the wet stuff to damage any of the insides.

I like to use lens cleaner cloths (they silky cloth that comes with glasses) for screens, works well.

i use the same stuff i use to clean my LCD tv and my laptop
    all you need is a soft cloth and some LCD cleaning solution, can get them from the reject shop for $2 IIRC

benben2142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    welcome back benben, I use Mr. Sheen on my LCD TV, comes up a treat. Since the DS screen is so small I'd spray onto the cloth rather than the screen directly, you wouldn't want the wet stuff to damage any of the insides.

I like to use lens cleaner cloths (they silky cloth that comes with glasses) for screens, works well.
    Thanks, so do I just go out and buy "mr. sheen"? What cloth would I use, the original cloth that comes with screen protectors,or what?

benben2142 Guest

Btw, how will that remove dust from the corners?

benben2142 Guest

the cloth that came with the screen protectors should do the job, check what cleaning products your parents have, there may be something suitable there.

Try using a cotton tip for the corners of the DS screen.

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    Btw, how will that remove dust from the corners?
    cotton buds

Unregistered Guest

Is any ones going to get dsi?