Thread: G1 reissues

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default G1 reissues

Do Hasbro have any plans to release more G1 reissues in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Do Hasbro have any plans to release more G1 reissues in the near future?
    Hasbro or Takara? Takara are reissuing eight cassettes this year as well as the Combaticons. I don't know if Hasbro have any plans. (Pink Ravage? Pink Slugfest? Pink Bruticus? Actually, I'd buy a pink Bruticus.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hasbro or Takara?
    Hasbro.

Hasbro only ever reissues moulds that Takara have reissued first... and even then often their reissues aren't as nice. e.g.: Hasbro's reissue Prime has shortened smokestacks and unsightly elongated missiles, whereas Takara's have full-sized smokestacks and original sized missiles (and then there's the weird colours on 25th Anniversary Pinkimus ). Usually when collectors talk about reissues we look at what Takara does first. (:

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hasbro only ever reissues moulds that Takara have reissued first...
    In essence Hasbro's like a puppy dog constantly yapping at TakTom's feet hoping they'll get a bone or something, which they'll then release to everyone else after chewing it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hasbro only ever reissues moulds that Takara have reissued first... and even then often their reissues aren't as nice. e.g.: Hasbro's reissue Prime has shortened smokestacks
    Yeah, the shortened smokestacks always bothered me too. Didn't stop me from buying the 25th Anniversary reissue though.

yeah i saw you fell victim to ol Pinky there. Wouldve been nicer if you bought the encore one, more exact to the original.... But yeah just keep your eyes peeled on the News part of the forum, there's always bound to post whatever new encore G1 news is lined up...too bad their not yet reissuing some of the tapes I need/want... prolly for the lack of molds.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wouldve been nicer if you bought the encore one
    I would love to get the Encore one, but with the Aussie economy in the toilet right now it's too expensive for me to purchase.

There are a few over-enthusiastic Takara/JP fans here, so don't feel pressured to only buy them, or feel embarrased about getting anything from Hasbro.
    The 25th anniversary would have been a good opportunity for more Hasbro reissues, but with their heavy focus/commitment of resources on movie toys this year, their 25th line took a back seat, with just the one reissue - Optimus Prime.
    I don't think there will be any other reissues from Hasbro in the foreseeable future, because they did so poorly 5 years ago thanks to Toys R Us 'scalping' them at insane prices (and Hasbro, for making them TRU exclusives to allow them to do that).

But some of the prices for the JP reissues aren't too bad, just shop around a bit first - ebay, robotkingdom, hlj, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There are a few over-enthusiastic Takara/JP fans here, so don't feel pressured to only buy them, or feel embarrased about getting anything from Hasbro.
    I don't feel pressured or embarassed at all.