Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kyle Appreciation gifts (from Ozformer members).

Default The Kyle Appreciation gifts (from Ozformer members).

(only just noticed, buried in the Perth meet topic, that Kyle got his pressies from the donation drive that was held a few months ago - this intro post is just being slotted in before editted COPIES of the relavent meet posts)

Many know about this with the donation drive a few months ago, but through most of the second half of last year, Kyle was organising the City Commander bulk-ordering, and absorbing a fair bit of cost (and time) to it. So a few people started thinking that he should get something in return for all his selfless efforts to the fans. 1orion2many started chasing up donations, to get enough money together to buy Kyle something nice, provided it wasn't something he already had. And that was the tricky bit. Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to ask discretely what was on his wishlist, and the Clear JP Car Brothers 3-pack was one that was currently available online. Also, Kyle's interest in Beast Wars toys was another, cheaper option.

The donations came in quite fast, as many of you (who were approached in secret), were keen to offer money to the cause. I think we ended up raising about $500. (yay!)

I wasn't aware that he was going to be getting the toys at last weekend's fan meet. And I didn't know exactly what 1orion2many manage to get in addition to the 3-pack. But it was good to see this work out, and reassures the dozens of you that donated ages ago, that we did indeed get something from it for him. It probably took a little longer than expected, but the resulting happy transfan is all that matters.

Thanks again to all those who donated.
    Last edited by griffin; 24th February 2009 at 01:39 PM.

What a meet today! One of the best meets I've had ever!

First of all, 1orion2many gave me a very nice surprise today! I don't know who all of you are, and I don't know how best to thank you all. I love the toys and they're very much appreciated! Now I finally know why 1orion2many and griffin asked me some strange questions a while back.

Thank you so much guys!

(snipped bits by Admin)
    Last edited by griffin; 24th February 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I like this photo. My beer gut is barely visible! Thanks again for the lovely toys guys.

(Notice I deemed it safe to wear the "uniform" again... )

(snipped bits by Admin)
    Last edited by griffin; 24th February 2009 at 01:21 PM.

I better thank everyone who contributed to Kyles pressies. The Poo for suggesting it and everyone that helped collect the dosh. It put my ebay rating up as well. It was funfor once just buying something and not worrying aout my bank balance even if the items weren't for me

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I better thank everyone who contributed to Kyles pressies. The Poo for suggesting it and everyone that helped collect the dosh. It put my ebay rating up as well. It was funfor once just buying something and not worrying aout my bank balance even if the items weren't for me
    Thanks 1orion and Poo. Would love to know who all of you are.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (only just noticed, buried in the Perth meet topic, that Kyle got his pressies from the donation drive that was held a few months ago - this intro post is just being slotted in before editted COPIES of the relavent meet posts)

Many know about this with the donation drive a few months ago, but through most of the second half of last year, Kyle was organising the City Commander bulk-ordering, and absorbing a fair bit of cost (and time) to it. So a few people started thinking that he should get something in return for all his selfless efforts to the fans. 1orion2many started chasing up donations, to get enough money together to buy Kyle something nice, provided it wasn't something he already had. And that was the tricky bit. Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to ask discretely what was on his wishlist, and the Clear JP Car Brothers 3-pack was one that was currently available online. Also, Kyle's interest in Beast Wars toys was another, cheaper option.

The donations came in quite fast, as many of you (who were approached in secret), were keen to offer money to the cause. I think we ended up raising about $500. (yay!)

I wasn't aware that he was going to be getting the toys at last weekend's fan meet. And I didn't know exactly what 1orion2many manage to get in addition to the 3-pack. But it was good to see this work out, and reassures the dozens of you that donated ages ago, that we did indeed get something from it for him. It probably took a little longer than expected, but the resulting happy transfan is all that matters.

Thanks again to all those who donated.
    Thanks Griffin. I'm so embarrassed. When you guys asked me for opinions on the Clear Car Brothers I had no idea they were for me. And no wonder 1orion kept asking me if I was after G1 stuff. It's amazing how well you guys disguised and hid all these perfectly. You guys shouldn't have spent so much money for me, I would have liked and treasured anything from you guys. It's the thought that counts! I'm in love with the Clear Car Brothers and the BW Cheetor. Thank you so much guys.

Didn't it start off as Kup's idea? Maybe not, but I know he did collecting from the Sydney group.

Hope you enjoy your pressents Kyle!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

nice to see how it all ended up! You deserve every bit of transparent plastic after helping me out with my CC leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    My beer gut is barely visible!
    Seriously dude... you look like you've lost weight. Granted it has been 6 years since I've seen you in person... but yeah - lookin' good!

Glad to see you got some nice gifts Kyle....we all appreciate your efforts with Group Orders and the FP stuff. The whole community got behind this one, a testament to your character. Those Clear cars are intriquing.....what are they? Any reviews around on them?