Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hydrodive BB & Golfire Grimlock cancelled. End of Animated days?

BBTS has merely cancelled Golfire Grimlock and Hydrodive Bumblebee due to typos. They were meant to be Golfer Grimlock - the leader of a new line of sport-based golfing Animated toys and Hydrodrive Bumblebee (who uses his submersible craft to go down into water traps and collect lost golf balls.)

(Seriously, if it is the end of Animated then it's the worst and most stupid decision Hasbro has made in years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    (Seriously, if it is the end of Animated then it's the worst and most stupid decision Hasbro has made in years.)
    Yes, unfortunately, they seem to do this a bit. I hope its now true, although Grimbo would have been a pas, I was looking forwards to Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I blame Walmart...
    You think they are pushing for the movie line now? I am beginning to like Walmart less and less now. The information that I have come across on here appears that Walmart have more control over Transformers than Hasbro do...

Before I blamed cheap quality TFs and horrid repaints on Hasbro, now it seems that Hasbro only do it to sell to Walmart....

I think both parties have some culpability - Wal★Mart for pressuring Hasbro, and Hasbro for bowing down to that pressure. :/ JMO.

But the loss of Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock doesn't bother me in the slightest -- there are other Animated characters that will never be constructed as toys that irks me much more. (-_-)

I'm thinking this may have something to do with stores wanting to only stock Movie toys during the release of ROTF, even though Hasbro have planned to run Animated alongside the movie (and past it of course.)

If the Wave has been cancelled (and not just BBTS no longer selling them) I can see the logic, Grimlock is a peripheral character with a larger toy, so he wouldn't sell as well as the Deluxe versions of the main cast. Having a repaint that (as yet) does not tie into any episode from the show doesn't make sense.

Cancelling Bumblebee is slightly stranger, as he sells like Hotcakes, even that horrible Elite Guard Bumblebee seems to sell alright, even though it doesn't tie into any show appearance.

If Animated is cancelled, and not "updated" with a sequel like Ben10, it's one of the dumber things Hasbro have done in recent years.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I hope they'll release the "cancelled" toys under the Universe banner (it's a possibility). They already have Animated Legends and repaints from other series in there. I also hope there will be an Animated "Sequel" after the TF2 Movie.

that would be a bit weird canning a successful line too soon before its 'stuck around for too long' time

While the toys never interested me (I don't really like 'Bee and the Grimlock repaint looked blah), the cancellation is concerning me a fair bit. I'd like to know WHY exactly these guys have been cancelled, and whether this is a sign of the end of Animated, or simply something else entirely.

The decision to end Animated (as opposed to the Crossovers line, for example) baffles me. It's a hit, why end it now?

Could it be the movie? I don't really think so-Hasbro could just temporarily pause the line, like they are apparently doing with Universe, for the movie, and then start it up again. Also, all the extra publicity the movie would provide would mean that demand for TFs would be high, likely regardless of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Here's hoping we still get toys for the upcoming characters... I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't see C-------, R-- A---- and S---- in full plastic glory.

EDIT - Names changed.
    And the rumored R****** P****.

Not that there were ever any rumors of toys being made for these characters, but I would have loved toys for W****th and B***n in particular.

And of course, Omega Supreme.

Damn, I hate missed opportunities!