Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

It was VERY disappointing considering the change in direction the WWE seemed to have taken in the last few weeks, it's almost like Vince had his accident, used it as an excuse to take a holiday, left Shane in charge, and now the holiday is over and Vince is back in control again.

I get by in the hope that they just HAD to do this week's Smackdown to try to wrap up the Edge/Vickie storyline so they can get moving seriously in the new direction.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hopefully there is a new direction...

Hell, they took a chance on Punk so wouldn't it be cool if they took a chance on...

Kennedy! Kennedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Hell, they took a chance on Punk
    Have they? As much as i'd like to believe that this is the way I see it.

Punk wasn't the first choice for Money in the Bank, Jeff Hardy was, but he went and got suspended.

Everybody expected at least ONE champ to lose at Night of Champions so that there'd be a title on each show. But it didn't happen.

Instead, MITB comes into play and after a quick win, Punk is champ. And who's first up to the plate? Batista.

I won't be surprised to see Batista win the title. I like Punk, I do, I just doubt the WWE having faith in him and also know how much they think Batista is the greatest thing since John Cena. Punk was just used as an avenue to fool us at Night of Champions and to set up a quick title change.

Once Batista wins the title I expect to see him feud with Kane ... Jacob ... Mask wearing Kane ... whichever personality Kane doesn't know is dead or alive.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I've read quite a few comparisons between the decision to make Bret Hart champ back in the early 90's & Punk's reign today (Hopefully it won't be that short of a reign... ) in that back then, they had the roid scandal so they decided to put the belt on an "average looking" guy (Hart).

After the roid thing with Benoit, word is they wanted to get away from the "overly muscled guys" (Cena, Batista & Lashley) & push a guy with a more "normal physique" - & that's where Punk gets a chance .

I hope they don't book Punk's title reign in the same way in which they booked Mysterio's run (ie. getting pummeled during the match & somehow pulling off a fluke victory at the end)...

I can't stand it when they book a champion to keep winning by fluke...

Stuff I read had Vince taking more of a backseat and Shane taking more control. It's no secret Vince loves the bigger guys whereas Shane is more about athleticism.

Man i just jioned WWEnation after my recent anger and i'm getting some great threads over there.

Saw a little bit of Raw. I like the Kofi Kingston/Paul Burchill fued. Naturally I'm loving Santino's open challenges. The bit with Beth Phoenix was funny and D-Lo Brown was a nice surprise.

D LO BROWN ! ! ! !

OMG i had some mad flash backs when i heard his music, he is carrying a bit too much weight but he's still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Saw a little bit of Raw. I like the Kofi Kingston/Paul Burchill fued. Naturally I'm loving Santino's open challenges. The bit with Beth Phoenix was funny and D-Lo Brown was a nice surprise.
    I'm becoming a big fan of Santino. The guy has so much damn character, and I can see this little program with Beth being great for her as we actually saw some personality with her in that little segment instead of her being nothing more than Chyna2.