Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I know I'm not like most Smarks but I just can't stand it when a stiff, freakshow like Khali who couldn't work a realistic-looking match if his life depended on it takes a roster spot away from another up-&-coming rassler who just has so much more potential...

Personally I'd rate Khali as being nearly as bad as...

please don't flame me...

You're spared from flaming for WWE management have done it again!

WWE has just announced the releases of Colin Delaney and Smackdown Diva Cherry. The list of released WWE talent as of today is:

Stevie Richards
    Referee Wes Adams
    Cherry
    The Highlanders
    Colin Delaney
    They release Cherry but keep some talentless bimbo like Maryse?

Oh not Stevie Richards, I liked that guy.

It must be that time of the year again where Vince cleans out the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    They release Cherry but keep some talentless bimbo like Maryse?
    Maybe in Vince's eyes, Cherry wasn't hot enough?

Anyone else catch this?

Soon after the start of the Wilde/Hemme match there was a quick flash on the screen, split second subliminal type thing. Paused it in the right spot.

Black background, white writing.

whoissuicide.com

It then links to a MySpace page. Looks like another "monster" type character coming to TNA.

Guess Russo is running out of original ideas. Booker is playing a part similar to his King Booker gimmick, Kip "Billy Gunn" James is back to his Chuck and Billy gimmick, and Davari is the new Hussan.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Anyone else catch this?

Soon after the start of the Wilde/Hemme match there was a quick flash on the screen, split second subliminal type thing. Paused it in the right spot.

Black background, white writing.

whoissuicide.com

It then links to a MySpace page. Looks like another "monster" type character coming to TNA.

Guess Russo is running out of original ideas. Booker is playing a part similar to his King Booker gimmick, Kip "Billy Gunn" James is back to his Chuck and Billy gimmick, and Davari is the new Hussan.

I thought I saw something but I was half asleep so I just disregarded it. Thank you Burn for proving I'm not seeing things.

Isn't there some law against subliminal messaging? I vaguely remember something about Coke and movies in my Commerce class in high school. I guess it might be okay since it is there own product.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

That Whoissuicide Myspace pic reminded me of La Parka

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I thought I saw something but I was half asleep so I just disregarded it. Thank you Burn for proving I'm not seeing things.

Isn't there some law against subliminal messaging? I vaguely remember something about Coke and movies in my Commerce class in high school. I guess it might be okay since it is there own product.
    You gotta remember that everything & anything goes in pro wrestling

Anyone else order Summerslam? Gotta wait for the 8:30pm repeat. I shouldn't complain, I couldn't take the day off because i've just started a new job and it's been good for me. So having to wait a few hours for my wrestling fix isn't so bad.

For one of the "big four" PPV's of the year, Summerslam lacked a bit.

I expected more from Hardy/MVP. This could be a good feud if they really run with it, but the match didn't really do what I was expecting.

Glamarella/Kofi-Mickey was what I expected it to be, a run of the mill match with a few shits and giggles from Marella thrown in.

Hardy/Henry for the ECW title I completely missed because I was playing with my nephew.

Punk/JBL I caught bits of, looked like a pretty good match though that GTS at the end was pretty unconvincing. Good that Punk won though.

HHH/Khali was also what I was expecting, a filler feud for HHH until a better opponent comes along. Nothing spectacular about this match.

Cena/Batista was time to hit the shower. Sorry, but I can't watch Batista wrestle, throw him in the mix with Mr Five-moves-of-Doom and the fact it was getting late after a long day at work, well I wanted to be awake for the Hell in a Cell.

Which of course was the match to watch. I expected a bit more carnage but in the end it really cemented Edge as one of (if not the) top wrestlers in the business today. I've loved his transformation in the last few weeks into a complete and utter psycho, and now that he's been "sent to hell" I can't wait to see what will become of him now.

All in all, a fairly mediocre ppv.