Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Except in America where they probably ran with the news about nearly 40 people being injured (not seriously) due to fireworks at the end.

Still, it was a good PPV. I was actually surprised by the Mayweather/Big Show fight, it turned out better than I expected.

Michaels and Flair was well done, especially the ending. Very emotional.

Triple Threat Match was well paced and I can live with the outcome.

Undertaker and Edge was a VERY good match. Very little outside interference and behind the ref dodgy stuff making it for the most part a clean well fought match.

OMG Shelton Benjaman is awesome!!!!

The sunset flip then through the ladder later!!!!!

Big ups to edge who was the best of the 2 on the night, it hurts to say it because i am a massive taker fan. But all in all Edge should have won because he was better.

Holy crap, HBK's ribs must be broken!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Let's go through the matches 1-by-1

A/ 24 Man Battle Royal = Pointless filler. Kinda glad we didn't have to sit through that.

B/ Bradshaw v Finlay = Token Hardcore Match. Good action but suprise victor.

C/ MITB = Shelton is freakin NUTS. Seriously popped for Matt Hardy. CM Punk winning it? Hopes he switches over to Raw sooner rather than later.

Hall of Fame - Class of 2008 = Very Well done. If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the vids on the website.

D/ Umaga v Batista = Slow, plodding Big Man's match. Dave screwed up the finish - kinda summed up the whole match for me.

E/ Chavo v Kane = DID NOT belong on PPV card. Went for toilet break only to find out match lasted a total of 4 seconds. Is Mania really the place for squash matches?

F/ HBK v Flair = Excellent way in which to finish Ric's in-ring career. (But honestly, will Ric stay retired? Savage lost a retirement match at Mania 7 & was back in the ring within a year)

G/ Divas match with Santino & Snoop(???) = Token divas match. (Why wasn't Mickey James wrestling Beth Phoenix for women's title?)

H/ Triple Threat = Very well put together match. (What's with the logic of keeping WWE title on heel champ at Mania? I just can't figure it out. I hope they've got something good planned in the future)

I/ Big Show v Mayweather = Reminded me of Rocky v Thunderlips from "Rocky III". Honestly, this match left a sour taste in my mouth. Why was it so obvious that Big Show was protecting Mayweather as much as possible? (Soft side-suplex, Big Show stepping on him when it was so obvious that Paul Wight shifted his weight as not to hurt him) Watching Mayweather use chair & Regal's gimmick against Big Show got me wondering "Why doesn't Big Show pick up a weapon & knock Mayweather into next week?"

J/ Taker v Edge = Awesome ending to the show. (Honestly, was this result ever in doubt?)

Overall, Very well put-together PPV.
    I'd give it 8/10

Oh, & I heard tomorrow's Raw was one of the best tribute show's EVER. The last segment is extremely emotional & everyone throws Kayfabe out the window to honour Ric the way he should be. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/vid...18?zone=_index

PS. I guess all my Mania predictions were wrong. Wayyyy Wrong.
    Last edited by Pulse; 1st April 2008 at 11:46 PM.

I know it's the WWE thread but people might still be interested.

Fox 8 is now going to air TNA Impact from April 5 at 10pm!

I've finally been able to read this thread again after only just finishing watchin Mania tonight. Finally got it downloaded. Didnt end up watching it at mates house.

Gotta watch Raw now!

I think mania needed a Heel card too win. Last few all the faces seem to win. Makes it more believable if a lot of heels won there matches and sometimes the wrestlers who are heels deserve it. I thought it was a pretty good mania, was surprised not to see Vince on stage or somewhere throughout the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I know it's the WWE thread but people might still be interested.

Fox 8 is now going to air TNA Impact from April 5 at 10pm!
    I was watching some of it last night, & honestly, there came a point where I just couldn't stomach it anymore. No wonder there are a tonne of marks out there who bag it out left, right & centre.

A couple of glaring negatives just stood right out to me:

1/ Do those 2 commentators ever stop yelling/talking?

2/ What is with those blatant rip offs of Savage & Stone Cold? Can't they think of their own characters? Why the hell is there a character called Sharkboy?

3/ Does every match have to end with some sort of run-in/interference? Does any match ever end clean?

4/ Those promos with Jim Cornette & Matt Morgan looked so scripted/forced/fake! Watching this drivel got me thinking that WWE's scripted promos actually seemed pretty good.
    Last edited by Pulse; 6th April 2008 at 01:08 PM.

All valid questions, and they all come back to who is writing for TNA.

Vince Russo.

'nuff said.

I do enjoy Impact though, for the simple reason it's different from WWE. It's a bit of variety and I get to see Booker T, not the annoying King Booker, just good ol Booker T.

And I find the "Knockouts" to be better looking and far more talented than the "Divas".

Burn, you're 100% right about the source of most of TNA's problems. Just why Vince Russo has a job with them is anyone's guess.

I was in my local Border's the other day & when I saw this in the rasslin' section:

I started laughing to myself. So he's either

A/ Forgiven himself for screwing up rasslin'?
    B/ Hoping the fans have forgiven him for screwing up rasslin'? or
    C/ Hoping the big Guy upstairs has forgiven him for screwing up rasslin' & won't make him "burn in hell"?

"Forgiven"... yeah right.

Poor Russo, some day he'll realise that he was only good as one half of the team that helped create the Attitude Era. It's clearly obvious that while he may have been a big contributing factor, having McMahon hovering over his shoulder guiding him certainly helped.

I remember the day I checked the wrestling "news" sites and the big announcement of him jumping to WCW and how him doing so would reinvigorate WCW and turn it around.

Yeah, that worked out so well.

Then TNA snapped him up. I like the product, but damn do they make some weird decisions.

Great non-kayfabe interview I stumbled across with Santino Marella.

http://www.miamiherald.com/675/story/490078.html

I didn't know anything about that Boogeyman/Jim Cornette/Santino slap thing before I read about it here.