Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You hardcore Rasslin' guys (like me ) might like to see these vids from the Morton Downy Jr Show which cover a whole bunch of "wrestling scandals".

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/morton.htm

I'm only halfway through the first vid but I never knew this stuff even existed. It sure is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    You hardcore Rasslin' guys (like me ) might like to see these vids from the Morton Downy Jr Show which cover a whole bunch of "wrestling scandals".

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/morton.htm

I'm only halfway through the first vid but I never knew this stuff even existed. It sure is interesting.
    I just finished watching all 5 clips. Goddamn, it felt like a 45 minute shoot. Talk about "Yell-Speak" - Some of those guys are freaking nuts! For 1988, It seemed pretty full on. I'd definitely recommend you rasslin' guys watch these vids when you have the time.

What did everyone think of KOTR? I was dissapointed. PRetty poorly done I thought, it used to be an awesome event. Raw was pretty dissapointing this week except for Barack and Hillary. I shuddered when i first saw it but it cracked me up big time. Was funny as.

The Barrack and Hilarey match was pretty well done. More so if you compare it to the last "celebrity" match between Trump and O'Donnell. What made the match though was Bill, I laughed loud and I laughed hard when he tripped up Obama and you could hear him saying "I did not have illegal contact with that man".

So the only reason they decided to bring back KOTR was to give Regal a new gimmick? I guess with Booker gone, the King gimmick was up for grabs so... why not use it again?

DearGod, it makes you realise just how low Vince will stoop for ratings. The Hillary/Barrack match was so cringeworthy but those 3 auto-cued speeches made me shake my head in disgust.

Vince can do a hell of a lot better than that...

Man I hate Shawn Michaels........

Ruining a good match!!!

So what did you guys think of Backlash?

I enjoyed the two last matches the best.

Slept through Kahli/Big Show.

The rest was ok. Although in his post match interview I thought Matt Hardy was going to have a stroke.

I know it's a bit unrelated but I'm sure you guys heard that Samoa Joe beat Kurt for the title!

Even though it happened like 2 years too late - it still happened! Good on ya Joe - Here's hoping your title reign is a long one

We probably should change the title of this thread now that TNA is available in Australia through Fox 8. At least then we can discuss it without some form of disclaimer.

Anyway, even though it's TNA related ( ) I just read the results for the Sacrifice PPV and it seemed like an extremely pathetic PPV.

For starters, gimmicks and stipulations galore.

The Tag Team Titles were to be decided between 8 teams. 4 were established (or somewhat established) teams while another 4 were to be thrown together at random. The random throw together now seems pointless to me as none of them won and the established teams went on to the next round with LAX eventually winning (good on them, they're a great team to watch)

The women's battle royal / makeover match. Once it came down to two they were to then battle 1 on 1 with a winner receiving a shot at the women's championship and the loser getting her head shaved.

On Impact they had an "immunity" match with the winner receiving immunity from the head shave. That was won by Gail Kim.

This was of course a pointless match as Gail Kim then went on to win the match and pick up a title shot while Roxxi LeVeux got her head shaved. What was the point of her winning immunity if she was going to win the match anyway? Are they THAT desperate to find a reason for the women to have matches on Impact?

The main event was suppose to be Kurt Angle -vs- Samoa Joe -vs- Scott Steiner. Unfortunately Angle has once again injured his neck and was unable to compete (a legit injury) and rather than leaving it as a 1 on 1 they decided that the winner of "Terrordome" match (which was nothing more than a generic X-Division match with the winner becoming #1 contender for the X-Division Title) would also get thrown into main event.

Is it any surprise then that reading the report there was apparently chants for "Fire Vince Russo"? Seriously, TNA is just over-doing it with the gimmicks and stipulations. Sure they want to create new and exciting matches, but there's nothing wrong with the good old fashioned ones either.

Maybe we should change the thread title to "WWE/TNA Discussion Thread" or something like that? Mods, please

Anyway, I also saw Impact on Saturday Night & it got me thinking...

"Why are 7 of their top guys (& that he-she Awesome Kong) being put into pointless tagteams? Haven't they got nothing better for them to do?"

Furthermore, what's with those 3 ridiculous gimmicks of Sharkboy, Curry Man?! & Super Eric?

Thank you Vince Russo for poisoning another rasslin' company - Job Well Done!