Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine toys tonight and they seem to be in the new scale too.

They were at Toy Kingdom in Melb's South East for about $18 each which seems really expensive for a figure much smaller than the old Legends.

The paint apps also look a bit iffy so if this is an indication for the Marvel Universe figures you might want to pick carefully.

They were marked as Comic Series and had several versions of Wolverine (white shirt, classic uniform, brown uniform, modern uniform, Weapon X) as well as a modern Sabretooth, classic Gambit and the one figure I considered buying: Deadpool. I'm a fan of Niceiza's Deadpool and the figure is a great likeness and comes with far more weapons than an average person needs which I thought was cool touch.
    I was soooooo close to pick up a blue/yellow Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit today from Target... but the price scanning at $17 (could have been $16) scared me away...

It was $17. I saw them at Target as part of an end of aisle display yesterday, along with a Wolverine on a motorcycle, Wolverine claws glove, and a large scale Wolverine toy.

Saw this assortment in the weekend
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

But at $20NZ each, its a big pass.

Love your new avatar pic Paul.

I first saw them a Target, the paint job isnt exactly perfect, but I will still collect most of the comic book series firgures.
    Hmmmm but still no Wolverine & The X-men toys yet.......

I picked up Gambit from the Wolverine series today on a whim. He was a bit pricey, but then all toys are pricey in these times.

I prefer the smaller size being a Joe collector and wanted to see who they compare. He's not bad, but lacks articulation for his wrist and shins which sucks a bit. One thing that bothers me though is why doesn't Hasbro make stands for thier marvel figures like they doe for the Joes?

Sure the figures are balanced ok, but stands mean you can display them doing awesome poses, its only one simple extra piece of plastic lazy old Hasbro.

Stands would be a winner, lucky my only purchase so far has one: Green Goblin comes with the glider, no balance issues here!

GG also has wrist & ankle articulation, so Gambit might just be an oversight, anyways I really recommend Green Goblin, I'm very happy with him, even if he cost $16!

The marvel universe figures seem to have a different joint layout to the wolverine one, mainly in the groin and shoulder area, though articulation seems to vary from figure to figure.

I can understand why they didn't put a joint in Gambits shins, given his spacey boots, but the lack of wrist rotation sucks for someone with a staff is a sore point. Still I always like gambit in the toon he displays nicely to and it would be cool to have the whole 90's X-men cartoon team on display.

We'll see though depends on wether Gi Joe 25th anniversary comes back or not.

I just recently picked up hulk, Cap, Human Torch (flame form), X-force wolverine and silver surfer, and I must say im impressed!!
    the new scale is awesome and the detail I believe is quite good.

I've only seen Wolverin Origins and Capt America... I'd like them to release some generic looking soldiers that could be used with Transformers. Though I suppose I could grab some CORPS! toys for that.

I want black Spidey.