Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wolverine:Origins Trailer online

I'm just hoping it'll be better than the third Xmen movie

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz View Post
    I'm just hoping it'll be better than the third Xmen movie
    +1. While it wasn't quite the same as what Joel Schumacher did to the Batman movie franchise, Brett Ratner came close.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I had the same thought.

I am also strongly against the 'bone claws' retcon even if it has appeared in comics before.
    I think the bone claw thing made more sense though.
    He'd have to have some sort of muscle control over them to make them come out and retract. That would be part of his mutation.

And have they specified that they are or are not just metal. If I remember right, all they said was that they covered his bones in that metal
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

and I quote "you were always an animal wolverine, i just gave you claws."

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    and I quote "you were always an animal wolverine, i just gave you claws."
    touche

Although he could be speaking metaphorically...
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I forget the exact conversation but when Jean was checking Logan out in the first movie she might have made comments about the claws being artificial (although by that time it was long established in the comics that the claws were natural).

But GP is right, as well as the muscle control thing, Wolverine's healing factor is a needed side effect when you have bones bursting out of your skin to heal the wounds and prevent infections (at least in comic book science!).

One of my more memorable moments in the 90s X-men cartoon was a flashback where Wolverine had just gone through the Weapon X procedure. He was unsure what had happened to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYaf9...eature=related (from 5:00)

He seems completly surprised and shocked by his claws.

has anyone talked to 'timothy' about an advanced screening? wondering how good this advanced screening would be due to its lack of completion...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am also strongly against the 'bone claws' retcon even if it has appeared in comics before.
    Seriously, Kup, what isn't a retcon about Wolverine? Even the fact that his adamantium claws are part of him at all was a retcon - they were originally supposed to just be part of his gloves. He was initially meant to be a wolverine (yes, the small animal) that had been mutated into a young, agile human and wore gloves with retractable metal claws. Who'd pay to see that movie? (Okay, yes, I'd pay to see that movie.)

Personally, I think having bone claws makes more sense than them being added by the Weapon X programme (which was itself a retcon). Plus it made for a great surprise climax to Wolverine #75. [I also like the fact that the movie is using Grant Morrison's Weapon X is a Roman numeral idea, i.e. in the comics, Wolverine is Weapon X (Ten), Captain America is Weapon I (One), Fantomex is Weapon XIII (Thirteen) etc.]
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 9th April 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Seriously, Kup, what isn't a retcon about Wolverine? Even the fact that his adamantium claws are part of him at all was a retcon - they were originally supposed to just be part of his gloves. He was initially meant to be a wolverine (yes, the small animal) that had been mutated into a young, agile human and wore gloves with retractable metal claws. Who'd pay to see that movie? (Okay, yes, I'd pay to see that movie.)
    If it still starred Hugh Jackman... at least 90% of the female population.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)