Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: MP Grimlock size comparison with MP-01

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So they bothered with that ridiculous waiter kit but excluded the crown? Outrageous!
    With all the hoo-haa, I guess most of us are just probably disappointed at the large price tag. I'm not complaining at the size as long as it's accurate as compared to the cartoons. So having not watched G1 for awhile, is MP Grimlock size accurate as in the cartoons? I don't remember him towering over Prime.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    With all the hoo-haa, I guess most of us are just probably disappointed at the large price tag. I'm not complaining at the size as long as it's accurate as compared to the cartoons. So having not watched G1 for awhile, is MP Grimlock size accurate as in the cartoons? I don't remember him towering over Prime.
    He is a little taller in the cartoon:

However in the comics he was about a head taller than the average Transformer and sometimes the same size as everyone else - Scale consistency was never Transformers' greatest strength..

So they bothered with that ridiculous waiter kit but excluded the crown? Outrageous!
    That is very poor on TakTom's behalf. *Sigh* Still it's not the first time they've let us down, and it won't be the last.

I don't think MP Grimlock has a complex Transformation, its a carbon copy of its G1 toy.
    I don't think that's fair, there are clear improvements on the original just like we had with Convoy. Ofcourse Grimlock never had the problems of detachable fists or gaping holes on the side of his waist to fix. I think transformation complexity is more a feature of Binaltechs than MP's. Perhaps they should have had Shoji Kawamori make his dino chest wings come out of his hips?

In my opinon he looks awesome in the latest pics, the lack of crown is dissapointing but not suprising as comic touches are always forgotten by TAKTOM. I wont know for sure till I see the real thing but the only thing bugging me from what I've seen is the price!

Ofcourse I'm biased as I'm the exception to the rule of not playing with MP's often, I Transform mine all the time.

Makes me want an MP Shockwave, who would suffer the same problems as Grimlock, IE his Transformation is already good enough that they would be unlikely to add much.

Zed mate it'll be worth it. The price is in the gold chrome, and the silver chrome, I mean just look at it, that can't be cheap. I think the cost per unit of this figure would have been higher than the Seekers or Prime. The Chrome!

And yeah the accesories are lame....the only things that will leave the packaging with my grimlock will be the weapons.

..chrome don't cost that much.

I agree with Lord Zed - this toy is definitely an upgrade of G1 Grimlock and it's not just a "carbon copy." There's definitely more highly detailed sculpting and the transformation must be more complex in order to achieve a more Marvel-accurate robot mode (whereas the original toy just is not that well proportioned - the arms are really long and the chest protrudes something chronic). And on top of all that they've worked in two eye colour change gimmicks and a laser-rod style LED gimmick.

It does look like a very nice toy, but I just don't think it's worth the price hike. I think I'd definitely get it if it's released locally for around the same price as a other Masterpieces (not including Convoy w/ trailer).

Personally, i'm not fussed which accessories he comes with, apart from his sword and gun... But for the people wishing he had a crown, i wouldn't give up hope. When the crown was first shown, a few people remarked that it seemed odd considering the reference would be somewhat lost on Japanese fans... so perhaps it was just designed with a Hasbro release in mind? They may mix up the accessories (replace waiter with crown?) for a western release.

I don't think it would be hard to make your own Marvel comics style crown, its not like Starscreams movie crown that has a peculiar shape and gems. Grimlocks crown was pretty simple, only a little fancier than those paper one you get from bonbons at Christmas.

I may try and make one myself from Plasticard or even card.

Awww. The size is a little less big! I was hoping for a big eff off dino that i could hit my family members with and have nothing wrong the the figure. Oh well. Still, a pitty. I have to get 2 and the lack of bigness makes that even worse now.