Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Culling of People

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    It's all good, I've still got my good looks to fall back on, my wife will dispute this
    You also have roller!

Seriously, best of luck mate. Hopefully it'll turn out alright.

Dude, sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll be safe.

keep your chin up... i'm fortunate to still have a job.

don't take it as a negative... but i wish i was made redundant. Get a payout then hop straight into the next job.

If I was made redundant I would get about 6 months pay so it wouldn't be all doom and gloom straight away as I'd have some leeway before I'd panic.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    I was made redundant last year. I was told that the job i was doing wasnt going to be done anymore and they let me go. My dad works for the company that I was working at and he's told me they have the job running again and some new guy there. you' dthink they would get the purson that knew the job and was good at it back again. But ah well. I got another job, nothing to cry about, cept we're running out of work fast.
    That sucks! I wonder if he is getting paid less? I bet they changed the title of the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    I just got a casual job at a bottle shop, people still need to drink right? but yeah, hope everything works out alright for you Orion, I know of a few people who are in some tricky situations at the moment, similar to yours...
    That and Grocery shops. People will always need food. Until we can live on Energon I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They keep saying that during economic crisis the demand for booze goes straight up!
    WOuldn't suprise me at all. I think that is how this whole thing started though...
    <US Bank board meeting, After a champagne brekky and a bozzy lunch celebrating successful millions made>
    Bigshot 1 "Sho now we have made such a massive profit, (hic)where do we go from here?"

Bigshot 2 "Howsh about we give loansh to people who cant pay them and see what happensh.... Wheresh my beer gone?

BS 1 "Great (buuuurp!) <general laughter from whole room> I like it! ou cna have a 13milion bonus for that one!"

BS2 "Shanksh, next roundsh on me!"

Everyone "Hurrah!"

True story

Story may not be true

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That sucks! I wonder if he is getting paid less? I bet they changed the title of the job.
    Yes, he's being paid less. A considerable amount less. i still have mates that work there + my dad, so I still get told pretty much all that goes on there. the title is still the same. $hit kicker or mechanic if you will. But then again, I did alot more then a normal mechanic does. I did some driving, I managed the truck wash they own. I did the normal mechanics work on the trucks and trailers. I also ran freight to where it was supposed to go, made sure it was all the right weight and height as it said on the paper work. Made sure it got on the right trailer.

He only does the mechanics stuff. I was being paid for the mech's job. and just did the other stuff cause i can/could/wanted to. He doesn't.

i think legally they can't hire another person with the same title you had if they just made you redundant?

Theoretically, yes, but I think that Turtleboy said it was about 6 months ago. Still, its just not cricket. But then if TB has moved on, then all is good.

Although 1orion2many, with no job, you could attend meets ALL THE TIME!

But you wouldn't be able to buy anything... That makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Theoretically, yes, but I think that Turtleboy said it was about 6 months ago. Still, its just not cricket. But then if TB has moved on, then all is good.

Although 1orion2many, with no job, you could attend meets ALL THE TIME!

But you wouldn't be able to buy anything... That makes me sad.
    Yes you should be sad especially the amount I owe you, both you and Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Yes you should be sad especially the amount I owe you, both you and Kyle
    You can forget about my part, seriously.