Page 1015 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 99510051010101110121013101410151016101710181019102010251035 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,150 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hey all,
    I'm looking to add a Grimlock to my collection, I'm looking at masterpiece or the SS-86 one. I don't own any masterpieces any more, most of my collection is classics and siege/kingdom size. Does anyone have any suggestions about which Grimlock I should look at? Or any issues/ features for either?
    ~

If you're keeping mostly Siege sized, Studio Grimlock would be best bet I reckon. MP might be too big

I don't have the MP Grimlock but I've heard SS86 is quite similar in design. "Mini Masterpiece" is what I've heard. I'm very happy with my SS86. He scales perfectly with Kingdom Optimus Prime and the rest. He's quite movie/cartoon accurate. And the other Dinobots are coming down the SS86 pipeline (SS86 Slag is great and the 5 would be a fantastic set in the end I think). And you can still get SS86 Grim at normal prices - it can still be found at Target online and in stores (I've seen heaps at Toymate and a few on sale at Myer recently).

I'd suggest Studio over MP. Just because on the MP the shoulders of robot look high. I think SS does it better.
    I like my MP UK comic colour MP version. I'd like a g2 colouring of Grimlock from the studio series one personally.

A G2 Grimlock? Anything is possible these days. Would be cool.

hello, i have a question.

i once collected black repaints, mostly convoy/optimus prime. i have just found a container that i stored them, and sadly i can't remember most of them, especially from movies.
    is there a website that i can look up images of repaints based on the original?

thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Alert View Post
    hello, i have a question.

i once collected black repaints, mostly convoy/optimus prime. i have just found a container that i stored them, and sadly i can't remember most of them, especially from movies.
    is there a website that i can look up images of repaints based on the original?

thank you in advance
    Two sites that I'd recommend are

TFU.INFO
    TFWiki.net

TFwiki is probably more navigable - you've each character will have a section for toys (including repaints)
    TFU.info will tend to have a catalogue of all the various pieces that were part of it (less up to date for newer releases as the owner got older / adult responsibilities / there became many more figures)

thank you, Seraphim Prime! Do you believe i even have a transforming Black Convoy PEN totally forgot about its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Alert View Post
    thank you, Seraphim Prime! Do you believe i even have a transforming Black Convoy PEN totally forgot about its existence.
    Ahh, yes, the one I dubbed Penesis Prime. Great action figure made by the sculptors at Sentinel who do very nice (but expensive) work. And a TERRIBLE pen. Makes a nice bazooka/missile launcher though. I really love that the pen is the gun for robot mode.

Oh boy. I totally forgot I own the standard Optimus Prime colour Optimus Prime pen. Maybe I have too much in my collection...
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.