Page 1037 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 10171027103210331034103510361037103810391040 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,370 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Has anyone who's pre-ordered the G2 Toxitron collection stuff, Shattered Glass Grimlock or SS ROTB Optimus from JB had there's sent yet ? Just wondering what's the hold up seeing as they're available in store's everywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus Cron View Post
    Has anyone who's pre-ordered the G2 Toxitron collection stuff, Shattered Glass Grimlock or SS ROTB Optimus from JB had there's sent yet ? Just wondering what's the hold up seeing as they're available in store's everywhere now.
    They won't ship them out until the release date. Even for DVDs and games that have very strict release dates, the staff at JB put them out before the actual release date. I'm not at all surprised that for Transformers, for which embargos are far less enforced they have put them on show before the actual date.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    They won't ship them out until the release date. Even for DVDs and games that have very strict release dates, the staff at JB put them out before the actual release date. I'm not at all surprised that for Transformers, for which embargos are far less enforced they have put them on show before the actual date.
    It's kinda nice they've broken the embargo and you can get things a bit earlier. However the fact that it's put peoples pre-orders at risk of not being fulfilled is just a joke. I always though the idea of pre-orders was first in best dressed. Anyway I've given up hope of my orders being totally fulfilled and ordered all figures online and gotten refunds for my pre-orders.

Trying to remember which Transformer has a particular design trait: a beast mode tail or beast mode head that folds out of one leg during transformation to beast mode, so the tail or head is all one piece and not two pieces plugging together.

The robot I'm thinking of has fake kibble on the other leg so it matches in appearance the leg that has the tail or head within it.

I think it might be a Combiner Wars figure, i thought it was Snarl's head but not him.

Is it Snarl from the live action movie?

Yes that’s the one thanks. I had the right character but wrong continuity!

Came up in discussion of the SS86 Snarl and cases of the Autobot logo on his Dino-head not lining up. That choice might have avoided it.

Is 1985 G1 Shockwave the earliest example of a Transformer toy with faux alt mode kibble in robot mode?
    i.e. chest being faux gun barrel/tip

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Is 1985 G1 Shockwave the earliest example of a Transformer toy with faux alt mode kibble in robot mode?
    i.e. chest being faux gun barrel/tip
    I never interpreted his design like that. As the front of the gun barrel is silver and his chest is purple, and they're overall different shapes to one another.

Would Powermaster Prime be the first? There's probably something I'm forgetting before that.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Did I miss out on the new Beachcomber and Studio Series Brawn if I didn't manage to get one at JB HiFi or have they not shown up anywhere else because they are in the distribution centre and will hit shelves once I pay overs to get one from overseas?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You might have missed them, yes. Ordinarily I would say that they should turn up at Kmart/Big W/Target presently when they get to that wave, probably right after your import , but I'm starting to wonder if they'll actually get further waves this year...