Page 1039 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 1019102910341035103610371038103910401041 LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,390 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, I guess the answer is yes if you think that the term "deluxe" refers to anything other than the price-point of the toy.

Cyberverse and Earthspark deluxes generally compare rather favourably to WFC/Legacy deluxes in my opinion, especially when one takes into account all the WFC deluxes with hollow (open at the side or rear) legs and arms, although some (such as Cyberverse Hot Rod) do tend toward ball-joint-elbows and ungainly kibble. It does have all the standard articulation expected from the deluxe price point (neck swivel, shoulders, elbows, wrists, arm turn admittedly with the ball instead of a bicep swivel, waist, hips, knees, ankles, and thigh swivel). And I'd rate that particular toy over the Gamer Edition Barricade and Bumblebee deluxes from earlier this year, in pretty much every possible way.

Repainting that Cyberverse Hot Rod into Earthspark Prowl (literally just changing the colours, no change at all to the sculpting) is the height of sheer laziness, but I guess there's pressure to put out a continuing line of toys at the price-point, and maybe Prowl (who has not appeared in Earthspark at all so far) will end up looking something like that in season 2.

For those of you who are collecting Rise of the Beasts toys, what is your RotB toy wishlist?

Mine is:
    * Studio Series Wheeljack. Because they have the VW licence and I would to have a VW mini-bus Transformer. Pleeeeaaase.
    * Stratosphere. Yeah, he's a pretty lame and forgettable character (pretty much just a plot device to move the Autobots to Peru and deliver Bumblebee) - but I'd still like a toy of him!
    * Apelinq. I don't mind if he's a retool/repaint of Optimus Primal.
    * Mirage, Garbage Truck. I don't care if Hasbro never makes the Lamborghini or F1 racer Mirages, since they only appeared for a few seconds and didn't really do anything. Okay, Garbage Truck Mirage also only appeared briefly, but it was instrumental to the plot in allowing Noah to gain access to the museum grounds.
    * Transit; because busformer, damnit. Admittedly this is the lowest priority want for me, since he never appeared in the final cut of the film.

Also, what do people think about a RotB Unicron Build-a-Figure? As in one that is only in planetoid mode, since we never see Unicron in robot mode in the movie. It would probably end up being smaller than Armada Unicron, so don't expect it to be in scale. Not that you can ever have any Unicron toy that's in actual scale; even the massive HasLab Unicron is technically still too small (which why Hasbro's released minifigs to go with him). But we would have a Unicron that follows the RotB movie design.

I also wouldn't mind a new Deluxe Class Studio Series RotB Arcee that would be more accurate to her screen design. And they could include a mini-figurine of Elena Wallace. I don't think Hasbro would do a proper action figure of her; Noah's only happening as a Core Class figure because he's in a transforming exo-suit. Oh, and it'd be neat for Studio Series Garbage Truck Mirage to come with a figurine of Noah in civvies.

I saw a picture somewhere today, it looks like they're doing a VW van Wheeljack figure. It had the logo and everything.

I can't remember where I saw the pic though, and can't find it right now.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You're not thinking of the Stranger Things van are you? Cos that got shown off yesterday alongside Magmatron, and it does have the VW logo on it.

-edit- no, you're not, it was also shown off at MCM London, my mistake.
    Last edited by JJJ; 29th October 2023 at 09:35 AM.

It was the Studio Series after all.

Honestly I like the RotB one better, the robot mode here looks a bit derpy somehow. I haven't seen the movie, maybe (probably) that's screen-accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    It was the Studio Series after all.

Honestly I like the RotB one better, the robot mode here looks a bit derpy somehow. I haven't seen the movie, maybe (probably) that's screen-accurate...
    This makes me happy in happy places.

I have RotB Wheeljack too, but as having a bus TF has been a long dream of mine, I really wanted the licensed VW mini-bus mode.

What does 'void rivals' mean in the title of the current Transformers ongoing comic? I have no plan to read the series so don't mind spoilers.

Void Rivals isn’t about Transformers, just set in the same universe, and is about two humanoid rivals from different planets at war with each other who have to team up to escape once their fighter spacecraft crash in a planet in the void, hence Void Rivals. TF characters have cameos in the comic.

I'm getting confused by the Legacy line doing so many different eras of Transformers and I'm having trouble figuring out what characters from Armada have been released. (It doesn't help that Energon and Cybertron merge into Armada in my head.)

So am I right that currently Optimus, Megatron, Hotshot, other Hotshot and Starscream are the only Armada characters that have been released/announced so far?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm getting confused by the Legacy line doing so many different eras of Transformers and I'm having trouble figuring out what characters from Armada have been released. (It doesn't help that Energon and Cybertron merge into Armada in my head.)

So am I right that currently Optimus, Megatron, Hotshot, other Hotshot and Starscream are the only Armada characters that have been released/announced so far?
    Tidal Wave too - he's going to be the next Titan Class figure.