Page 10 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    The Steelhaven being another ship I suppose? How impractical to have to design a ship with ceilings high enough for the big guy!
    That's right the Steelhaven was the ship most of the 1987 toys came to Earth aboard, although comic Fortress Maximus was tall but not as tall as the cartoon version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    On another note, I've been getting into some tf comics lately and wondering if I'm right in thinking the club exclusive cybertron comics eventually saw a mass release in a TP form? If so, was it any good and how tough would it be to track one down?
    They did in a book called TP called "Balancing Act". I didn't like it that much because it took me (an avid comic book reader for 20 years) two reads to really understand what was happening and how it was supposed to fit in with the Cybertron cartoon. As the only Cybertron comic though it's not bad to pick up and isn't that pricey, but it has a bit of a fanfic feel to it.

Yeah, check out a comic store. I think it has Vector Prime on the cover, and most comic stores I have been to, had it sitting in their older TPBs section. It wasn't a big seller due to it being a little known obscure comic covering obscure characters, so you should still be able to find it in most comic shops and even book shops that carry TPBs.

don't forget that in the G1 comics there were two versions of Fortress Maximus - you had Fortress Maximus I, who was considerably smaller - he directly bonded with Galen... then you had Fortress Maximus II, who had an upgraded body that also featured a new headmaster robot for Galen to bond with (Cerebros).

benben2142 Guest

Who the hell is grandis? Can someone show me a picture of him? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RsrceYSDnk

Grandus:

http://www.tfu.info/1991/Cybertron/Grandus/grandus.htm

Big blocky toy base that rocks up with Star Convoy in the japanese "Battlestars" series. AKA The return of Convoy. In the japanese story arc Convoy (g1 Prime) stayed dead after he died in Headmasters and was reborn by powers of the Zodiac (? Actually, if someone could check on that) and became Star Convoy.

Toy doesn't look like a lot of fun to play with, unless he has a heap of cool basey things.

benben2142 Guest

WTF WTF I thought wheeljack and preceptor were dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVa5t...eature=related look

Well you thought wrong!

Actually - you're half right. Wheeljack died in TFTM but Perceptor never did. So yeah, it's a continuity screw up (welcome to the world of the G1 cartoon). But at least Wheeljack was still an Autobot (unlike Brawn and Huffer who were fighting alongside Decepticons in Season 3).

Perceptor and Wheeljack in Victory are actually entirely different characters compared to their previous selves - that's not to say that they're necessarily meant to or intended to be different characters, but their characterisation in Victory is drastically different to their previous selves. Comparing Victory Perceptor and Wheeljack to their previous G1 incarnations is akin to comparing BW and BM Megatron - yes, they are meant to be the same characters, but they are essentially entirely different!

Their Seiyuu (voice actors) are also different from those who played them in previous JP G1 series.

Still... I'd say that Victory Perceptor and Wheeljack aren't as badly contradictory in character compared to BW & BM Megatron (aside from the whole - ya know - being dead thing for Wheeljack ).

Notice how Prowl also appears in The Headmasters (he's seen fighting alongside Ultra Magnus) despite the fact that he also died in the movie!

It's widely believed/accepted in the fandom that the writers for the Japanese G1 series hadn't yet seen Transformers The Movie, which came out later in Japan than it did in other countries (1988?).

Default Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

hay if you dont already know i started collecting last month, and i have a ton of questions. So it would be much appreciated if you guys can help me out, also props to those who already have
    also the person with the most combined answers will get a pretender shell prize, good for smugglering mini illegal transformers into Australia. (only given to Melb ppl sry)

1 - What is the height of universe bruticus compared to the micromaster combiners, can you plz also include a comparison photo of G1 bruticus , universe bruticus and 1 micromaster combiner formed

2-What is the ''average'' height of 'heroes of cybertron'action figures?

3 - How much is dinoking worth on the market todat - second-hand MOSC?

4 - What is the height of insecticons? Is there a height difference between G1 and takara reissue figures?

5- What are the physical dimensions of the takara reissue boxes (cm)?

6 - Is the dinoking form roughly the same height as a micromaster combiner?

7 - What is powerlinx, is there a energon combiner with more than 5 robots?
    Please provide additional links

8 -Can someone photograph titanium jetfire next to a micromaster combiner formed?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon
    1 - What is the height of universe bruticus compared to the micromaster combiners, can you plz also include a comparison photo of G1 bruticus , universe bruticus and 1 micromaster combiner formed
    afaik there's no such thing as Universe Bruticus.

G1 Bruticus is 25cm tall and your average Micromaster Combiner is the same height as most other Micromaster Transformer - about 5-6cm.

2-What is the ''average'' height of 'heroes of cybertron'action figures?
    'bout 8cm

3 - How much is dinoking worth on the market todat - second-hand MOSC?
    Dinoking would be MISB as the toy(s) was/were sold in box(es) not on card(s).

A MISB Dinoking gift set is worth US$350 MISB and US$88 LM according to ToyFare's Price Guide. The individual figures are worth US$50MISB and US$13LM guide.

4 - What is the height of insecticons? Is there a height difference between G1 and takara reissue figures?
    (in robot modes)
    Bombshell = 12cm
    Kickback = 13cm (head height = 9cm)
    Shrapnel = 12cm

And there's not difference in height between the originals and reissues. The most noticeable difference is the colours - the reissues are a bit darker. And of course, copyright stampage.

5- What are the physical dimensions of the takara reissue boxes (cm)?
    The dimensions of reissue boxes vary wildly from little boxes for individual Micromaster reissues to the Predaking gift set reissue!

6 - Is the dinoking form roughly the same height as a micromaster combiner?
    No way. Dinoking/Monstructor is really puny for a gestalt, but he's not that puny that he'd be the same size as an individual Micromaster TF (and Micromaster Combiners are about the same height as most other Micromaster TFs in robot mode). In their combined forms they'd be even shorter (but longer).

For example, Stonecruncher and Excavator combined are 9.5cm long but only 2.5cm tall.

Monstructor/Dinoking is 14cm tall which makes him shorter than a Micromaster gestalt like SixTurbo (who's 17cm) - he's even shorter than most Deluxe TFs these days.
    e.g.:
    Decepticon Brawl = 14.5cm
    Bumblebee (concept) = 16cm
    Autobot Jazz = 16cm
    etc.

7 - What is powerlinx, is there a energon combiner with more than 5 robots?
    In Armada "Powerlinx" was the name of a Transformer that had be "upgraded" and thusly repainted. Many fans see it as a lame marketing excuse to repaint almost the entire line of mainstream Autobots and Decepticons.

In Energon, "Powerlinx" generally refers to the ability of some Transformers to Power Link (or "Super Link" in Japan) with each other, e.g.: Rodimus Convoy w/ Hot Shot or Hot Shot w/ Rodimus Convoy et al. The concept came from the G1 Multi Force gimmick.

8 -Can someone photograph titanium jetfire next to a micromaster combiner formed?
    Don't have time to do that right now - lemme get back to you on that later.

q1 - oh its ruination. is it the same height as g1 bruticus and t/f universe micromaster combiners?

q2 - What is the symetical dimensions of the takara reissue little boxes?

q3 - in energon , there is a toy that can combine, can you please tell what its called?

q4 - are there currently any combining transformers in 'transformers animated' ?

q5 - The recently revealed seacons on the TCC the same size as G1 combiner (just simply repaints) ?

q6 - Any news on transformer universe - micromaster series 5?

q7 - Can a transformer club member buy multiple copies of 1 club exclusive toy?

q8 - What is the t/f movie toy that comes with Sam and mikala# mini figures or any other human characters?

q9 - i want to get a frenzy toy from the transformer movie, apart from robot heroes , how can i get it?

q10 - Apart from recent news of t/f universe robot heroes, are their currently any mini figures for the firs beast wars series?

q11 - How can i get a gold version of G1 bumblebee that resembles G1 Goldbug, i do not want to get the go-bot version?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion