Page 16 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.....cWAT.m240.lVI

can sum1 please give me additional information on this?
    A two pack of WST Leaders, possibly with recolouring to both figures to make them uniquely exclusive to the regular versions. It looks like Megatron has the blue legs instead of red, but I can't tell if there is anything different with Optimus.
    Well, according to this link:
    http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/japanesewstf.html
    Optimus has darker windows and Megatron does indeed have blue legs. I'd get it for the blue megatron (it represents the diaclone, goodbye Megatron, and Megaplex versions), but if you already have Optimus, this one with darker windows sounds a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    How realiable are hong kong sellers and selling WST toys?
    i frankly annouyed at some posts that 'takara' WST and 'justittoys' WST dinobots sold by a minority of Asian sellers are fake.
    This came to my attention when i saw a post of a ebay seller from Hong Kong selling ripoffs of the unofficial WSt dinobots.
    Considering that the WST Dinobots are illegal (unauthorised) and as such, aren't legitimate Transformers (branded) toys, if someone is selling fakes of illegal toys, there's not really anything that can be said or done about it.
    Justitoys has been making unauthorised Transformers accessories and figures for years now, and since they sponsor TFW2005.com, their illegal products gets lots of promoting by that website as if they are legitimate items that fans should be collecting.

If you have a problem with the real WSTs, report the seller to ebay if they are not providing the service you are paying for.

For some further info on the WSTs, go here:

WST Hot Rod was a shortpacked figure so it's rare. If you got it really cheap than it's likely a fake too.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 8th February 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Griffin beat me to the punch about the Dinobots

i brought the WST hot rod for about $17 US , with $6 US shipping. Yeah at the time it didnt really occur to me that i might of have brought a fake. I just recently found out that some hot rod WST were branded as 'limited rare toys by justitoys by ebay sellers

do you know how much i should of have paid? in the hot rod item description it said 'TRU exclusive''?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

That WST Leader 2-pack has the same packaging as the G1 Goodbye Convoy/Megatron set (1986) so I suspect that it is meant to be a WST version/representation of Goodbye Convoy and Goodbye Megatron.

Goodbye Convoy (reissued as New Year Special Convoy) had blue windows instead of brown and Goodbye Megatron (reissued as Megaplex) had blue inner legs and dark greys instead of chrome silver (also came w/ a sword instead of the sniper accessories).

Thanks Griff and Gutsman for answering my q

Does anyone have a book called Transformer: Genesis - The Art of Transformers? Sounds like it might have been good but from what I've read there was quite a legal stoush over its publishing. Would it be worth chasing down?

I used to have it (probably still do), but it was indeed a problematic book that ended up being a lot different to what it was originally being promoted as.
    It was supposed to include artwork and pre-production toy designs, as well as various toy related images that have not been released before.
    Unfortunately, it was scaled back to being a two-part release, with the artwork first, and then toy stuff second. The disappointment of a hard cover expensive artwork book (filled mostly with Dreamwave and fan art), probably effected sales enough to prevent the second half, or maybe it was as you mentioned, it was a legal issue.
    Either way, it was a big tease project that failed to deliver, and upset a lot of fans looking out for it. Kinda like the first Official Convention organisor between 2002-2004, promising heaps of stuff and later finding out that he couldn't deliver a lot of it.

Sorry, i am late in responding...
    i was to focused in the other sections.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Im not sure if W4K were Coles Myer to begin with, but I know that they were "bought out" by them before 2000.
    All i remeber , if not vaguely watching some current affairs show (i think, it was Stan Grant who was hosting it at the time, i think it was Today Tonight ) doing a story about the smaller toy retail outlets complaining about the competitive environment at the time and the reporter mentioning Coles-Myer were taking on Toys R Us with World 4 Kids... or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I loved the catalogue, and had to through mine out after my Waterbed broke a few years ago and flooded my old room. I remember going into Blacktown to get Hurricane and Boss with the catalogue in my hands!
    I am wishing, what i did with these:
    (ones in bold are my personal favorites)
    Turbomarsters
    "Thunderclash", "Rotorstorm", "Boss" , "Scorch", "Flash" & "Hurricane"
    Predators
    "Skyquake", "Stalker", "Falcon", "Talon", "Snare" & "Skydive"

also had "Pyro" , "Ironfist" & "Deftwing", and one of the "Aquaspeeders" I can't remember the name, i think it was an Autobot that turned into a F1 like mode.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 11th February 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.....cWAT.m240.lVI

can sum1 please give me additional information on this?
    Griffin replied:
    A two pack of WST Leaders, possibly with recolouring to both figures to make them uniquely exclusive to the regular versions. It looks like Megatron has the blue legs instead of red, but I can't tell if there is anything different with Optimus.
    Well, according to this link:
    Optimus has darker windows and Megatron does indeed have blue legs. I'd get it for the blue megatron (it represents the diaclone, goodbye Megatron, and Megaplex versions), but if you already have Optimus, this one with darker windows sounds a bit disappointing.
    I can confirm that Meg's has (royal) blue legs, inner arms and some small blue parts (muzzle hinge, internal arm arm hinges)
    <The regular WST Prime has light blue windscreens, medium blue legs, with white thighs, and blue eyes>
    The VSX Primes has dark blue windscreens, his legs are a solid (matching) dark blue, but his eyes are an electric orange

Hope this clears this question up further..