Page 329 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 309319324325326327328329330331332333334339349 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

SkyWarp91: are you Transformers in their own dedicated toy room, or are they sharing it with other toys, computer, desk etc? I'd personally avoid putting toys in storage... that just... sucks (IMO :/).

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I'd never sell mine but that's just me. I even created a Planet of Junk shelf for my junkers. Mine are spread out over different locations, basically every room in the house. The ones not on display are stored until I can create room for them.
    Yeah I do have a room that's rarely used by the family, I could use it to store my TFs but there's a bloody AB-Lounge there ; I should sell it for like $10! lol and then I'll have so much more room!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Sell any Transformers you don't want and/or store extraneous toys in boxes/drawers/cupboards.
    I'm tempted to sell some of my ROTF figures (ones that didn't appear in the movies) but I don't think I can bring myself to it as some of the figures took me AGES to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Without knowing much about your living set-up, and assuming you already have decent shelving...
    1: Sell any doubles and packaged ones first, as they're extraneous and/or space-intensive.
    2: If you don't have doubles or packaged ones, try displaying them in whatever mode takes up the least space. If you own your own home you can also put small hooks in the ceiling and have the fliers in flight, assuming the missus/hubby lets you. It's easier if you have your own room too.
    3: Pack most of the rest up, keep 'em in boxes, and just have a few 'on the go' at any one time. This is also a good idea for keeping the non-TF-supporting missus/hubby happier about your collecting as it's not so 'in their face', and can make hiding new acquisitions easier.
    I don't have doubles but about 95% of my collection come complete with their boxes as I do intend to resell them in the future. I live with my family still (that's how I afford TFs without having to pay rent). I do keep most of my TFs in cardboard boxes but recently I've been encountering ALOT of spiders on my ceiling!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Consider either throwing away TF packaging, or folding the boxes up as they waste a lot of space... a lot of which is just air. :/
    I've considered it and I might throw away boxes from series that I don't intend to collect the whole series of (like Universe figures).

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Consider storing the less played ones ( but still your not willing to let go off) in a more compact mode (bot or alt mode) and in a secure plastic roller box for safe storage. the rest that are usually played and youd like to keep on display just arrange them in your shelves were they take less space again. as for boxes and cardback and wotnot. if you dont collect em, - bin. if you do collect them , fold and store in another plastic roller box. As everyone mentioned it would be nice to have a designated room for me. If none, cycle your display-storage figures that way it's always interesting to look at and easier to manage.
    Yeah from these responses what I'm thinking of is to clear the unused storeroom in my house and get a shelf to put my TFs in!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    get a shed that solves alot of problems
    My shed is a shoddily built one by my father that has so many holes in it just about every surface has a cobweb on it!

SkyWarp91: are you Transformers in their own dedicated toy room, or are they sharing it with other toys, computer, desk etc? I'd personally avoid putting toys in storage... that just... sucks (IMO :/).
    Most are actually in shelves/storage. I only keep out the toys I am currently playing with / the latest I own, but after that they get stored either under my bed or in a shelf. Problem now is that there's no more space under my bed or on any of my shelves - thus I've decided to clear out the unused room ASAP and get a BIG, light-weight shelf! Might even build it myself!

Thanks so much for your responses all of you!

Am I the only one getting the feeling that somehow Generations figures and RTS figures will be redeco/retooled into the TFDOTM line?

The first movie toyline had repaints of pre-movie toys such as:
    + Air Raid (repaint of Energon Skyblast)
    + Wingblade (Cybertron Wing Sabre)
    + Inferno (Armada Red Alert)
    + Big Daddy (Cybertron Downshift)
    etc.

Revenge of the Fallen did have some repaints of toys from the first movie, e.g.:
    + Autobot Gears (repaint of Stockade)
    + Desert Tracker Ratchet (Autobot Ratchet)
    + "Shanghai General" Voyager Optimus Prime (Voyager OP)
    etc.

...but as far as I recall, unlike the 1st movie line, ROTF didn't have any redecos of toys from outside of movieverse. So I don't think DOTM will use non-movieverse redecos, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if they did (though I'd be disappointed - one thing I enjoyed about ROTF was seeing a lot more original moulds, especially with Scout Class)

...but as far as I recall, unlike the 1st movie line, ROTF didn't have any redecos of toys from outside of movieverse.
    Superion, Bruticus Maximus and Sparkcrusher were Energon and Universe toys used for ROTF. (But I see no reason to assume that there would necessarily be an abundance of Generations redecos for Dark Of The Moon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Superion, Bruticus Maximus and Sparkcrusher were Energon and Universe toys used for ROTF. (But I see no reason to assume that there would necessarily be an abundance of Generations redecos for Dark Of The Moon.)
    they'll redeco drift into movieverse drift! though i think they should redeco him The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

That's cos Drift is so awesome he's a Multiversal Singularity unto himself! He kicks @$$ across time, space and continuities! Phwoar!

Turbogroove Guest

Default Complete Noob here

I've had this Transformer since I was 10 and my friends brother gave it to me. He's completely wrecked and has parts broken off of him but I still love him. I just have no idea who he is, all I know is that he's an Autobot and a blue and pink helicopter.
    Here's a picture of him, any help will be apriciated.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...11280006-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Turbogroove View Post
    I've had this Transformer since I was 10 and my friends brother gave it to me. He's completely wrecked and has parts broken off of him but I still love him. I just have no idea who he is, all I know is that he's an Autobot and a blue and pink helicopter.

looks like Rotorstorm to me

Quote Originally Posted by Turbogroove View Post

Turbomaster Rotorstorm
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy