Page 335 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 315325330331332333334335336337338339340345355 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    How rare is Universe 2.0 Ironhide and Ratchet?
    As a collector of Classics/Universe, I understand your pain in locating these two too.

Universe Ironhide was in great abundance when it was released but is getting very difficult (and expensive) to track down.

I traded away my loose one recently and went looking for MOSC one and had to get one all the way from Germany since it was still reasonably priced there ($35 AUD shipped).

The Henkei version is naturally more expensive and equally as difficult to locate too (the few that I have seem, when they do pop up for sale, command over $60).

From recollection, Universe Ratchet was released on the tail end of the line and was in the last wave, along with Hot Shot.

As Hursticon has said, it wasn't made available here and was primarily released in the US (however, NZ also received it too).

The Henkei version is extremely rare seeing as it has superior paint apps to the Universe version and costs a pretty penny if you can find one.

I purchased a MOSC one a few weeks ago (since I had also traded away my loose Universe one) and it set me back about $80.

Your best bet in acquiring these two (at a relatively good price) would be to perhaps keep an eye out for group listings where a seller is selling off a couple of figures in the one lot.

Good luck!

As heroic_decepticon said, Ironhide was pretty common - I saw lots of them around the place when it was out. Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    As Hursticon has said, it wasn't made available here and was primarily released in the US (however, NZ also received it too).

I didn't see Ratchet or Ironhide here at retail. Or Sideswipe either actually.

But then I wasn't up on the sightings thread at the time so you know, it was mainly my own incompetence.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ah ok,
    It's quite weird how much the Classics and Universe 2.0 figures have appreciated price wise on ebay considering they're only a couple of years old.
    Keep an eye out though dude because they're both must haves for a Classicsverse collection and they'll definitely be cheaper than their Henkei counterparts though.

Here is a Henkei Ratchet and a pair of Ironhides, Hasbro and a Henkei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well for me down this way, Ironhide was quite scarce compared to the over-abundance of Sunstreakers, Prowls and Smokescreens.
    Ratchet was never released in Australia but was in New Zealand, so in those terms it could be argued that he is quite to extremely rare.

Hope that helps dude, why do you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Universe Ironhide was not rare in Sydney when it was first released a few years back. You could find it almost everywhere. I heard that its now quite difficult to find one. Henkei would be harder to find.

Universe Ratchet? Haven't ever saw one in packaging physically. Henkei Ratchet is pretty rare. I can confirm that its rare even in HK and Singapore where it normally is relatively easy to find figures a few years old. I have not seen a single Ratchet in either HK or SG and got my Henkei Ratchet in December '10 through connections and friends. Expect to pay upward of AU$60 for a MOC/MOSC Ratchet, if you it can be found.

On a side note, the following Henkeis are also pretty rare/expensive: Red Alert, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Hot Rod (but of course!), exclusives (eg: seekers).
    As a collector of Classics/Universe, I understand your pain in locating these two too.

Universe Ironhide was in great abundance when it was released but is getting very difficult (and expensive) to track down.

I traded away my loose one recently and went looking for MOSC one and had to get one all the way from Germany since it was still reasonably priced there ($35 AUD shipped).

The Henkei version is naturally more expensive and equally as difficult to locate too (the few that I have seem, when they do pop up for sale, command over $60).

From recollection, Universe Ratchet was released on the tail end of the line and was in the last wave, along with Hot Shot.

The Henkei version is extremely rare seeing as it has superior paint apps to the Universe version and costs a pretty penny if you can find one.

I purchased a MOSC one a few weeks ago (since I had also traded away my loose Universe one) and it set me back about $80.

Your best bet in acquiring these two (at a relatively good price) would be to perhaps keep an eye out for group listings where a seller is selling off a couple of figures in the one lot.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As heroic_decepticon said, Ironhide was pretty common - I saw lots of them around the place when it was out. Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I didn't see Ratchet or Ironhide here at retail. Or Sideswipe either actually.

But then I wasn't up on the sightings thread at the time so you know, it was mainly my own incompetence.
    Apparently it's not that great a figure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotD5pVwBmc), hmm - I might just be fine with my movie Ironhide then

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Apparently it's not that great a figure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotD5pVwBmc), hmm - I might just be fine with my movie Ironhide then
    IMO, I agree that Universe/Henkei Ratchet/Ironhide aren't that great and I too prefer the transformation sequence of the ROTF/HFTD/AA deluxe Ratchet and Ironhides.

Having said that though, the latter figures aren't exactly homages to the G1 characters nor do their designs fit in with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations line, so it depends on where your collecting intentions lay.

While often the line between Movie-verse and Classic-verse lines are blurred, with these two, the lines are clearly defined - Movie-verse Ratchet and Ironhide don't belong (IMHO) on the same shelf as the Classic-verse characters and therefore they shouldn't substitute for that character.

If you're a completist (of a series), you get the figure irrespective of how lame or bad it may be (such as Universe Silverbolt)

IMO, I agree that Universe/Henkei Ratchet/Ironhide aren't that great and I too prefer the transformation sequence of the ROTF/HFTD/AA deluxe Ratchet and Ironhides.

Having said that though, the latter figures aren't exactly homages to the G1 characters nor do their designs fit in with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations line, so it depends on where your collecting intentions lay.

While often the line between Movie-verse and Classic-verse lines are blurred, with these two, the lines are clearly defined - Movie-verse Ratchet and Ironhide don't belong (IMHO) on the same shelf as the Classic-verse characters and therefore they shouldn't substitute for that character.

If you're a completist (of a series), you get the figure irrespective of how lame or bad it may be (such as Universe Silverbolt)
    I actually liked Silverbolt, because I got it for such a cheap price of $15. Yeah I can understand where you're coming from in regards to being a completist with an entire line. I am tempted to buy either of the two, but they'll probably be on the lowest of my priorities.

Keep in mind that Classicsverse Ironhide/Ratchet was a VERY ambitious toy. Remember that the Sunbow/Marvel model effectively cheated by making half the vehicle mode disappear when transformed to robot mode. You look at the original G1 figures which has the primary robot and the 'mobile deck' - where did this deck go in robot mode? It only ever appeared once in the cartoon -- every other time it just seemed to vanish into thin air.

HasTak have tried to make Ironhide and Ratchet transform from a van/ambulance into a robot that resembles the G1 Sunbow/Marvel model, but of course, all those vehicle parts have to go somewhere. And I think they've done a reasonable job trying to incorporate all that vehicle mass into the robot mode without making it a massive backpackformer like say Animated Wreck Gar or worse still, Cybertron Decepticon Thunderblast. The only thing that bugs me with Ironhide and Ratchet is the way the heads are sculpted looking down (Silverbolt has the same issue) -- but otherwise all things considered I think they did an amazing job lad, amazing. They even fixed that nasty burr in my rotator. Now let's find the Dinobots and get off this twisted planet!

Check out comparison pics between G1 and Classicsverse Ironhide and Ratchet here Another alternative would be Timelines Ratchet and Ironhide, but I suspect it'd be easier and cheaper for you to get either Universe or Henkei Ratchet and Ironhide over them. And IMO U/H Ratchet and Ironhide are much nicer toys anyway (although I do like how Timelines Ratchet and Ironhide have 'decks' ).

Why are some G1 MIB's more prone to have the plastic box insert 'yellowed' than others? For example the jumpstarters or clones compared to say a insecticon.