Page 373 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 353363368369370371372373374375376377378383393 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Why was the 'red cross' removed from G1 Ratchet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    The Red Cross was a variant on G1 Ironhide, that's all tfwiki says. I assume there was a stage at production where they thought the cross wasn't necessary so they scrapped it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I'm looking at some TFs from international eBay stores and saw
    'Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage' as the postage, what type of postage is this? does it include AUSpost? and if so is it just like regular AUSPOST postage where they just pop it in your mailbox?
    Regular mail - not insured, no tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Isn't it a trademark infringement?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Isn't it a trademark infringement?
    Yes.

(Interestingly, Matt Moylan, who drew this and was an editor at Dreamwave stated that the Red Cross slapped them with a cease-and-desist and threatened to sue if they kept drawing Ratchet with red crosses.)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    The Red Cross was a variant on G1 Ironhide, that's all tfwiki says. I assume there was a stage at production where they thought the cross wasn't necessary so they scrapped it.
    I think you mean Ratchet, SW, and tfwiki also says:

"Unbeknownst to most people, the "red cross on white backdrop" logo often associated with medical services that was used on a variant of the Generation 1 Ratchet toy as well as in the cartoon and various Generation 1-based comics is in fact a trademark owned by the International Committee of the Red Cross, who enforce the use of their marks heavily these days, even with regards to toys and within the context of fictional works (such as comic books or video games), where the symbol is not used as part of advertising for the product itself. Using the logo on a Transformers toy would definitely be a no-go these days, as it could be considered an abuse of the symbol's meaning. (The red cross symbol was in fact incorrectly used on Generation 1 Ratchet to begin with, since the symbol represents a humanitarian organization that normally doesn't operate regular urban ambulances.) As a consequence, Hasbro typically use "electrocardiogram" graphics as a substitute these days, which is usually also reflected in fiction. The occasional flub still slips through, though."

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes.

(Interestingly, Matt Moylan, who drew this and was an editor at Dreamwave stated that the Red Cross slapped them with a cease-and-desist and threatened to sue if they kept drawing Ratchet with red crosses.)

I think you mean Ratchet, SW, and tfwiki also says:

"Unbeknownst to most people, the "red cross on white backdrop" logo often associated with medical services that was used on a variant of the Generation 1 Ratchet toy as well as in the cartoon and various Generation 1-based comics is in fact a trademark owned by the International Committee of the Red Cross, who enforce the use of their marks heavily these days, even with regards to toys and within the context of fictional works (such as comic books or video games), where the symbol is not used as part of advertising for the product itself. Using the logo on a Transformers toy would definitely be a no-go these days, as it could be considered an abuse of the symbol's meaning. (The red cross symbol was in fact incorrectly used on Generation 1 Ratchet to begin with, since the symbol represents a humanitarian organization that normally doesn't operate regular urban ambulances.) As a consequence, Hasbro typically use "electrocardiogram" graphics as a substitute these days, which is usually also reflected in fiction. The occasional flub still slips through, though."
    Wow thats a good enough reason not to keep putting it on! Thanks Sky Shadow - I think he looks better with it but thats just me!

When I wore my Ratchet costume lots of people thought I was barracking for England. I did have a St. Johns Ambulance bumper sticker on my backside though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hong Kong shoppers, what are the average HK prices in store for Hasbro scouts, deluxes, voyagers and leader toys?

I'm thinking I might do my DOTM shopping there if the prices are in my favour.
    Still need an answer on this (before the end of the month when I leave the US) so hopefully someone can fill me in...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Still need an answer on this (before the end of the month when I leave the US) so hopefully someone can fill me in...
    I'll see what I can do to fill you in. I don't shop for these, so I'll have to go check it out.

Rts and generations deluxes are hkd139, scouts are hkd89, at retail in sogo and tru. That's all I know at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'll see what I can do to fill you in. I don't shop for these, so I'll have to go check it out.

Rts and generations deluxes are hkd139, scouts are hkd89, at retail in sogo and tru. That's all I know at the moment.
    Thanks that's a help

Guys, when is DOTM Shockwave released?

Voyager, Leader or other.