Page 507 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 487497502503504505506507508509510511512517527 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

So what's the go with the current IDW comic lines? I only usually buy TPB but haven't for a while as i'm deciding whether to just go digital so haven't paid much attention. The last TPB I bought/read was Police Action and from what I can gather they split it into 2 lines not long after that, RID and MTMTE. Is this correct? Do the 2 series intertwine with each other or are they seperate continuities?

Are they good? Personally, the story after the last dead universe series I read seemed to go downhill, that being part of the reason I lost interest after Police Action. Just wonering whether to pick up where I left off when I get the wife her ipad for her birthday.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Same continuity but separate stories: RID is set on Cybertron and MTMTE in set on a spaceship. The first issues have some overlap, with the spaceship leaving Cybertron but otherwise they are two separate books.

Recommend picking up from the MTMTE and RID collections (both available digitally). The MTMTE Vol 1 collection includes one-shot which sets up the current status quo after the end of the 'ongoing' and the two #1 issues follow from there.

You could just read one series (in which case MTMTE is the way to go IMO, it's excellent - but the humour could be a turn off; I find RID less entertaining and less bang for your buck).

@Trent: I'm very new to comics as well, having only read the Marvel US comics (3 times over the last couple of years). I've been highly anticipating the recent Regeneration One comics, and whilst waiting have taken glimpses at the MTMTE/RID comics as well. Finally caved this week and picked up MTMTE 2-7 and have not been disappointed - would highly recommend it Everyone has mentioned that RID is comparatively weaker, but I'll end up picking it up once I find a comic store that still has the earlier issues.

My own noob question:
    Does the IDW reprints of Transformers Classics UK contain all the issues within volumes 1-4?
    I ask this only because those volumes are all that seems to be available on Amazon/eBay/Book Depository.
    If not, how else can I get the full story?

No. The four volumes so far (number four has yet to be released) only go to about UK 151 (out of 332). There will be at least two or three more volumes. They do not include the US comics that the UK comic reprinted, so they don't tell the "whole story" but they explain how they fit together. I've posted reviews on the three volumes released so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No. The four volumes so far (number four has yet to be released) only go to about UK 151 (out of 332). There will be at least two or three more volumes. They do not include the US comics that the UK comic reprinted, so they don't tell the "whole story" but they explain how they fit together. I've posted reviews on the three volumes released so far.
    Ahh perfect, thank you good Sir

I've also watched some reviews on Youtube via thecollector75. Been looking forward to getting in these!

Possible dumb question but the Prime season 1 that just came out, does that continue from the darkness rising DVD or is that part of it? Or is there something else between them?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Possible dumb question but the Prime season 1 that just came out, does that continue from the darkness rising DVD or is that part of it? Or is there something else between them?
    The Season One BluRay collection includes "Darkness Rising". I'm not sure that a Season One DVD set has come out yet (but that should include it as well). There's nothing "inbetween".

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Season One BluRay collection includes "Darkness Rising". I'm not sure that a Season One DVD set has come out yet (but that should include it as well). There's nothing "inbetween".
    Cheers mate

Is it just me, or does Cab from Masterforce speak in Kansai-ben?

Not that I recall. The only Transformers I can think of off hand who speak Kansaiben are Diver and Gusshar. Cab's speech mannerisms kinda remind me of Build Boy's; it's not a regional dialect, but kinda like a "little prince" (or Royal brat ) form of talking. Been quite a while since I've seen Masterforce though, so as Minerva would say, "Eh!"