Page 513 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 493503508509510511512513514515516517518523533 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Those two auctions should give you a good idea of price - this one went for about $150 shipped - you should expect to pay between that and $200 shipped.
    That's a really good price considering that the 1st Predaking reissue originally retailed for 14000JPY ($173). <thumbs.up>

How can I tell if I'm buying a vintage G1 fireflight and Slingshot loose figures or KO's?

Are transformer toy prices in europe comparable/equivalent to US?

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    You may also get that sniper rifle in plastic for your RTS Perceptor
    Funny you should link to iGear - I've got not-Ratchet and not-Ironhide on the way, both of which come with sniper rifles. Here's hoping they fit RTS Perceptor!

Speaking of igear, what are their MP figures like? As in are they same size, is the detail better/worse/same etc

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Are transformer toy prices in europe comparable/equivalent to US?
    I'm in England, and with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment, Transformers are cheaper here. Cost of living in general is cheaper here, but what we don't appreciate in Australia is that pay rates are also very good in Aus, which is one of the reasons why toys cost more at retail.

A couple of years ago several of my single friends flocked to the UK because pay rates were a lot higher there than what they were here. Local retail prices for Transformers hasn't change all that much in the same time frame.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm in England, and with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment, Transformers are cheaper here. Cost of living in general is cheaper here, but what we don't appreciate in Australia is that pay rates are also very good in Aus, which is one of the reasons why toys cost more at retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A couple of years ago several of my single friends flocked to the UK because pay rates were a lot higher there than what they were here. Local retail prices for Transformers hasn't change all that much in the same time frame.
    If you just look at pay rates, it might seem good and justify the higher cost. But generally, I don't see the buying power of the higher pay rates. House prices are ridiculous, cars, rent, and others I don't think offset the high(er) pay rates.

As long as items+shipping is cheaper overseas (maybe even with gst), it doesn't make sense to buy locally. It just perpetuates the same culture if you want to keep it that way.

I asked about the european prices since I might be checking ebay and local stores there since some US sellers don't want to ship to Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Pay rates in Australia have been better than the UK for a long time, 5FDP, even when the pound was stronger. This is how they stand now: http://www.bobinoz.com/blog/10153/au...part-two-2012/ Minimum wages are also much higher in Aus than the UK, which is one of the reasons for higher retail prices, because Aussie companies have to pay the shop staff. And there's a UK wage freeze now, so the gulf between Aus and UK is likely to continue to grow.

Has anyone had any issues with their Device Label Soundwave?

I have not transformed mine in a while, and have kept it on display in robot mode. The other day I tried transforming it but the head will not go all the way down as so it is possible to close the cover piece over Tried unscrewing the back to open it but its clipped on as well, so I did not progress any further.