Page 525 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 505515520521522523524525526527528529530535545 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Is there a good chance I may be able to find an old transformer at a garage sale or op shop. It kind of differs but do a lot seem to get the occasional toy?

Also, I have 2 more.
    Are Hasbro G1 Optimus' smokestacks molded blue then painted silver?
    And the second, do tak/tom, hasbro or toyco still have the mold for Shockwave. Coz it's getting really hard to find one iin good condition.

Do a few kmarts still have some generations figures left (2010) because I've heard that from a few.

What's the best way to store carded transformers? Bubble-wrapped to a piece of cardboard?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    What is a reasonable price to pay for an Encore Jazz?
    Cheers, Ken
    I've seen them sell for around 45 bucks recently.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Serious responses please....
    Like by series, chronological, by subgroup, by allegiance, by character, etc.
    Excuse me, displaying by colour is a serious response.

If anything, I have learned that I need more orange transformers.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What's the best way to store carded transformers? Bubble-wrapped to a piece of cardboard?
    I have several Auspost Bx3 mailing boxes for carded deluxes. You can store up to 4 in a box by placing them 'head to toe' so to speak. Either that, or score yourself some of the packing boxes that Hasbro sends them in.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Don't know if this has been asked before:

Where do you guys see Transformers toys going in the near future? There seems to be a rather heavy focus on the MP line at the moment and rumours of an encore revival, but a bit of a lull in the CHUG lines (apart from asian exclusives) and from what I read the Prime line isn't doing too well. I mean we have the FOC but when that dies down in another 12 months or so what then? 3rd party stuff seems to be powering along atm filling in the CHUG lull (if you're into that sort of thing)

Sorry but i'm tired and finding it hard to order my thoughts atm. Basically what do you think we will be buying in 18 months time?? I'm having trouble seeing it.

Off to bed now. Night night.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Did I read something about Hasbro saying that Prime was like the new G1 in that it will last a few years?
    If this is the case then Prime toys should still be around. Until the new movie comes out then it will be Animated all over again

The thing I'm not enjoying about TFs atm is that it's media driven rather than toy driven... feels like putting the cart before the horse to me. I much prefer the traditional way where the toys are the 'engine' of the franchise, and everything else is built around that. There are so many characters who've appeared in the show and yet we have no toys of them on shelves:
    + Vehicon ('cept the Cyberverse)
    + Knock Out ('cept the Cyberverse)
    + Breakdown ('cept the Cyberverse)
    + Skyquake
    + Airachnid
    + Insecticon
    + Smokescreen

...then there were the characters from Dark of the Moon who never got toys (beyond Cyberverse) such as Soundwave, Leadfoot, Que and Mirage. Even if some of us are able to import some of these from overseas, it still sucks how the local market hasn't got them... and in the case of Mirage, probably never will.

I prefer a continuous story line - no more universe resets.

Perhaps not something completely endless like One Piece (an Anime), but maybe some good lengthy ongoing series like Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny. The toys can still be gimmick based (if that's what Hasbro wants); the G1 comics did a great job of introducing Head/Target/Powermasters, Micromasters and then Actionmasters, as well as finding new ways of killing/reviving Optimus Prime in new bodies.

Thats why I stopped going online for a while. Seeing to many toys that wouldn't see local release and would be expesiv to find online.