Page 586 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 566576581582583584585586587588589590591596606 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So why would I want to use this option? Say for example, I've currently got Generations Blitzwing and Springer on pre-order... what would be the difference between leaving the Pile of Loot option on or off? Does it mean that if I keep it off, they'll ship them both separately rather than together?
    There is no difference if the pre-orders are released at the same time. It is mainly for things that are going to be released separately.

Say you spotted something that were to be released a month later. Blitzwing and Springer would come out, and be put in your pile you pay for the figures and postage of those 2 figures. You then have the option of having them shipped then and there.

If you leave them in your pile, when the other thing comes out, it too will be added to the pile. You get charged for the figure and the difference in shipping.

It means you only pay the total shipping for 3 figures in one box. If you had them shipped separately you would pay more as you pay for the 2 voyagers to be sent, and then the 3rd figure sent later.

If you get a big pile, the adjustments to shipping become pretty much nothing. I had a pile of $500 and added a couple of deluxes and only had the shipping adjusted by $5. It eventually got to the point where I would add stuff and it would not charge me for the shipping. I think that pile ended up being $800 with $100 postage.

That pile was done over 6 months.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Aaah right, thanks. Sounds similar to what I do with my mate in Japan where he keeps stuff at his place until I ask him to send them all to me in a collective lot to save on postage (though I've never done it to the scale you have! ).

I'm thinking about whether or not to get TFPRiD Voyager Ultra Magnus. It doesn't seem that this toy is coming out in Australia... but if I get it from BBTS the combined cost including postage will be $55, which is about $5 above AU RRP. I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5 or is there a cheaper option? Would a group order make the postage cheaper per figure?

Aaah right, thanks. Sounds similar to what I do with my mate in Japan where he keeps stuff at his place until I ask him to send them all to me in a collective lot to save on postage (though I've never done it to the scale you have! ).

I'm thinking about whether or not to get TFPRiD Voyager Ultra Magnus. It doesn't seem that this toy is coming out in Australia... but if I get it from BBTS the combined cost including postage will be $55, which is about $5 above AU RRP. I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5 or is there a cheaper option? Would a group order make the postage cheaper per figure?
    i got him from amazon ...$38 shipped ... just have to be careful of shipping on amazon because of different shop on there have different shipping cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-P...s=ultra+magnus

The shipping quoted when you pre-order is a quote done as if you were to have it posted as soon as it comes in. It may vary if you have things already in your pile of loot.

Well, there's nothing else in there now, so I guess I'll just prepare to pay that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    If you get a big pile, the adjustments to shipping become pretty much nothing. I had a pile of $500 and added a couple of deluxes and only had the shipping adjusted by $5. It eventually got to the point where I would add stuff and it would not charge me for the shipping. I think that pile ended up being $800 with $100 postage.
    I'm at that point now, and about tho ship my loot. I understand that I have to pay customs' import tax if it exceeds $1000, but is that price ceiling referring to the total cost of the import (i.e. $900 + $100 shipping) or the total cost of items with shipping separate from the total cost (i.e. $1000 + shipping)?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

From the customs website it's not entirely clear what the situation is.

If your goods value (less postage) is $1000 or above, you'll pay GST on any postage charges as well as the customs duty.

Not sure what happens though if your goods value is $900 with $150 postage. I'd err on the side of caution, unless customs/anyone else can provide a better answer.

Check here for more details, specifically examples 1 and 3.

Basically you'll pay 5% of the goods value as customs duty, plus 10% of the sum of goods value, customs duty and shipping as GST.

Or, equivalently: 15.5% of the goods value + 10% of your shipping.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A bit more information from Whirlpool suggests that shipping is not included in calculating the $1000 threshold.

I'd still be inclined to play it safe though, as customs do not necessarily use the declared value of goods. They may conduct their own valuation which could come up higher, especially if they use Australian retail prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I'm at that point now, and about tho ship my loot. I understand that I have to pay customs' import tax if it exceeds $1000, but is that price ceiling referring to the total cost of the import (i.e. $900 + $100 shipping) or the total cost of items with shipping separate from the total cost (i.e. $1000 + shipping)?
    Yeah I played it safe. I ended up shipping that particular order just before the total hit the $1k mark, but it meant I had some pre-orders still to come. They then formed the base of my next order that I stopped at about the $500 mark.

It can be addictive......